City of Richmond Hill logo
View all City of Richmond Hill reviews

City of Richmond Hill

City of Richmond Hill Employee Review

Poor Management

Poor management but a lot of experience is gained from this workplace. You are subject to lay-offs should a pool capacity not be optimal for employment without notice (from experience). Seen lots in aquatics. No benefits for part-time staff. Great job for high school students but they tend to treat adults like teens as a result. You are required to spend 15 mins prior to your shift and can be asked to stay 15 mins after without pay to help set-up/clean-up.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Not the culture for me, even though it's probably objectively fine

I just didn't vibe well with the manager of the facility I was working at and the wider employee base aren't necessarily the most interesting or tolerable individuals in the world, but this is highly dependent on who you end up working with, which can be highly variable
Same roleSame location

Fun work environment but hostile and unprofessional management.

My direct managers where hostile and unprofessional however my coworkers are fun and the work environment is moderately welcoming and inviting. The job was entertaining and I enjoyed working with and teaching children swimming.
Same location

Collaborative

Was pleasure to work with Zoning team and learned a lot on planning process in Ontario. Team was helpful and the job was contract so had terminated after a year.
  • City of Richmond Hill