City Of Regina Employee Reviews

Excellent work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 December 2018
Super friendly staff, become friends rather than just co-workers very quickly. Easy commute to work from anywhere in the City which goes a long way to offsetting the lower salary.
Pros
Easy commute, friendly coworkers
Cons
Lower than average salaries
Productive and fun
Semi skilled labourer /equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 October 2018
I work there for 7 months a year depending on weather...the people are great ,you have ample opportunities to get training ,which is all free and you can take it with you when or if you go elsewhere...
Pros
training
Not a bad place to work
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 November 2017
As with most civic employers, there is significant bureacratic issues to deal with such as cultural change and workplace bullying.

The salary for full time positions is acceptable but working conditions for Part time and casual staff is pretty dismal.

The CUPE Local 21 Union is in some turmoil so union support is limited.

Overall a decent employer
Pros
Usually Good Coworkers
Cons
Bureaucratic nightmare
Always been taking in for more training.
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 June 2018
Getting to meet new people and getting them to destination they need. Driving safely. Getting along with people , and co-workers. Getting along with the management team. Dealing with difficult people & not losing my cool. Making my customers happy and enjoying the day's end. Looking forward to the next day.
Pros
Enjoying the job
Cons
Having rude customers.
nepotism
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 July 2018
to much infighting and nepotism .... i personally retired early from the city.enjoyed the kids and in general the shifts. some (most) of the management i couldnt stand
Pros
the kids, and working out door during most of the year
Cons
most of the people i worked with
Excellent work / life balance
Business Continuity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 October 2017
Best work / life balance I've ever experienced. Reasonable salary and great benefits package. Would recommend a career with the City to anyone without hesitation.
Pretty Toxic Workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 February 2018
I love my job. I do not like management.
The workplace culture is toxic. It's very difficult to go into the workplace knowing that my employer has Respectful Workplace and Harassment Free Workplace policies and they do not follow them.
Pros
Flexibility, choose own hours
Cons
toxic work environment
Great Team Environment
Human Resources Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Regina, Sk9 May 2017
I can honestly say that the City of Regina is the best employer I've ever had. My team has a great manager, senior consultants, and operational team, an incredible team atmosphere, interesting work, great work-life balance, and a solid compensation package. If you get a chance to join the team, don't hesitate.
Very good learning environment
Clerk Typist V (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 June 2018
I enjoyed working there lots learn and many wonderful people. I would recommend that if you have the opportunity you should work for the City of Regina.
Work
Revenue & Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 April 2018
Working in Account Receivable department was very busy. There were heavy amount of customer to deal with on a daily basis. The co-worers at City of Regina were very nice and always willing to help out.
Fun to work for
Facility operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 January 2018
I worked at the indoor pools and worked 4 12 hour shifts then off for 4 days.
2days (6am-6pm)
2nights (6pm-6am)
Work alone most of the time , very good training.
Pros
Free swimming
Very poor place to work
construction worker (Former Employee) –  Regina Saskatchewan23 August 2015
horrible place to work there's a lot of verbal abuse people will stab you in the back in 5 seconds never seen anything like it in my life the Human Resources is a complete joke if they don't like you for some reason in 3 months they basically can do what they want I would recommend stay away
Pros
Cons
horrible people no benefits list is too long
Career civil servant
Policy Analyst,, Community Consultant, (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 April 2016
I had a very rewarding career with the City of Regina. I worked in several different positions, and given additional responsibility each year.
Pros
Pension and benefits
Cons
Lack of funding for projects
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 February 2018
The Human Resources department is an excellent place that supports, encourages and empowers employees to develop into trusted advisors who operate with integrity
Good Balance to work and life
Casual Labourer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 December 2017
Safe place to work, good place to learn, great entry level employer. Management leaves a lot to be desired. Good if youre more concerned about living life then making a living.
Knowledgeable staff
Month Coop-Student) Database analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 June 2017
On my average day i would do three things at city of regina
1) Diagnose issues staff was having with internal systems and try to walk them through it via training or diagnosing bugs
2) Update and create new reporting forms for our ticket and records management system
3) Maintain and update SQL database with records

Overall i found this job to be a great place to work in the 6 months i was there and i learned a lot in terms of customer service and the upper level it staff helped me along in areas i was shaky in.
Great work environment and encourages teamwork.
Survey Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 September 2017
A typical day starts with a tale gate meeting to bring up any safety issues the crews may have and how they can be resolved. Afterwards the work for the day is passed out to each crew, unless they already have work on the go.
A good place to work if there is more support from superiors
Senior Mechanical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 April 2015
I would love to work for the City of Regina.
There is a lot of turnover with staff being rotated and moved so very often hindering the growth of many new comers.
The Management is supportive and biased when it comes to supporting and backing new employees and sides only management fully.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
No support for below management staff
Busy atmosphere
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2013
The City has undergone several reorganizations since I began there in 2006. There is growing uncertainty regarding the sustainability of the pension plan and the direction of upper management. The City has not had the ability to attract senior engineers to distribute the work load. Daily my job entailed project management of large scale capital projects and landfill operations management. Since being relocated from Environmental Engineering to Landfill Operations, I have becoming more involved in the day-to-day operations and management of the City’s landfill including site regulatory requirements, integrated solid waste management plan, compliance with landfill site design requirements and landfill inspections, waste acceptance and screening, leachate production and management , landfill gas generation and management, equipment selection and maintenance, cell construction and compaction, litter control, health, safety and security management issues, gate attendant and scale house operations special operating concerns, groundwater monitoring, landfill economics, landfill closure and long-term care issues.
Pros
ample opportunity for professional development
Cons
growing uncertainty regarding the sustainability of the pension plan
Great Workplace and thankful to have learned a trade.
Concrete Worker (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 June 2017
I have enjoyed my time at the City of Regina and am thankful for to learn a trade but would like to move to a new city. I hope i can land a concrete job in Calgary with my experience.