City of Regina, SK

City of Regina, SK Employee Reviews

Canada73 reviews
Got to learn about the engineering process, and the crew were very helpful and enjoyable to work. The management was very concerned about safety which is good.
Excellent work environment and team. The management of my department was awesome. Always planning with you to help you grow and fulfil your career goal while accomplishing the goal of the organization. Great coaching and mentorship.
Pros
Great management and team
Cons
Can be on contract for long
work in Fleet, good place to get hands on experience after a Dealership SA position. Great feeling you don't have to compete for a pay cheque.

My Managers treat you with the greatest amount of respect and open to new idea and way of doing things.
The city of Regina is a great place to work. You can have several carriers at the same employer because there is such diversity in the work that they do. You also get a sense of pride from providing services to the community that you live in. I highly recommend it as a place to work!
Sit on your butt and then get in trouble when manager is in a bad mood. There is always to many people doing the same job. Noone wants to do hard work!
decent, depending on your manager. it is very hit or miss if youll have a great term or debate on quitting. but also do worry about getting fired #union
A great place to work outside in the summers that paid for my entire university career the management was incredible I would highly recommend this place if anyone to work
Excellent place to work! I have had no problems what so ever in the last 3 seasons working with the City of Regina. The managers and staff are the best people I have ever worked for! I always look forward to working in the summer!
Terrible culture, everyone is out for themselves and you have to belong to a union. They take a ridiculous amount off your paycheque and theres no room for advancement because it is all based on seniortiy, not skills
Split shifts were tough
Lack of drivers made for long hours and days

Friendly and helpful co workers

pay was decent, benefits and pension

stressful at times
There are worse places to work, there are better places to work. The work culture is very different from what the corporation would like to convery - inclusive and safe and respectful - this is not the case on the front line with the lower level supervisors. If you can put up with it, then you will do fine. It wears on a person though........
Pick shifts once every 4 months or sub and pick-up shifts. Great for working around other jobs or school.

Lots of variety for shifts: set up events, kids programs, office positions, cashiering etc.

Management is absolutely horrendous.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I very much enjoy workig at the City of Regina, it has a very good work environment where I learned plenty of usefull skills . Lots of overtime as well as great people.
Working for the City of Regina has helped me develop my skills and encourages you to receive the proper education and training to excel in the specific areas in which you work.
good employer to work for
employer was a very fair and understanding company to work for.I enjoyed working with this company and the people made the work days positive and productive
I was a seasonal worker for the City for 5 years. Its a good job during the summer while you are going to school and it pays decent once you work there for a few years. However, many employees lack motivation.
Pros
Being outside, good summer job
Cons
Lack of motivation from others
inclusive workplace
fair wage

good benefits

union

stability

extensive training and the opportunity to excel

always a fun day, staying active and engaging with the community
An environment conducive to learning about municipal government. Simply a lot of great people. Keeping up with innovation and change was constant. Part of a super culture.
City does not care for employees. Hr is useless for helping you and supervisors have to many favorites. I would not recommend working here. It's a waist of time
I wasn't at City of Regina too long, but in the time i was, i learned lots while working there. Kept busy with learning the system and problem solving. There is no parking unless willing to walk 5 blocks.
Pays well for what is expected of you. A lot of the staff is friendly and helpful. You are protected and feel safe with the union. Breaks are always given and generous.