City of Regina, SK
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

City of Regina, SK Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews

cityrecommendlotcoworkersgoodworkingenjoyplace

Productive and relaxed work place

A best place to start a career as an engineering graduate. Career growth may be slow but high job security. Experience with management was highly professional and has a relaxed job environment.

Good shop techs

Poor training and direction provided by supervisors, plus the added pressure to produce more without any help makes it a challenging place to be. Probably should not waste any time applying here, people are looked at as a cost the corporation rather than assets.

Pros

Paid hourly

Cons

Goofy shift work

Insights into City of Regina, SK

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Work life balance

If you're looking for a company as a family person, City is for you. Job security and work to life is pretty good. Let's to do most of the time. I like working with city.

Not too bad but stressfull

Service Regina is a toxic place to work and very stressful. Micromanaged by managers and employees are disrespectful and highly competitive. The pay is good

Pros

good pay

Cons

toxicity, micromanaging, competitive, disrespectful workplace, heavy workload

Security

This employer provides security in an economy that doesn’t take care of an employees finances. No, they are not perfect but better than most I would say.

They pretend they care but they don't

The city does not care about it's employees. Once you have a medical issue, you're done, you are now responsible for paying for your benefits. They are awful to work for.

Seniority based company with little advancement. Good work life balance, benefits are decent not great.

Seniority based company with little room for advancement, good work life balance, EDO’s and sick pay. Poorly managed and under appreciated, small pay increases. Wouldn’t recommend long term

Pros

Vacation pay/ Holidays EDO’s Sick Pay

Cons

Not much room for advancement Poorly managed

Great place to work and will recommend it.

Excellent work environment and team. The management of my department was awesome. Always planning with you to help you grow and fulfil your career goal while accomplishing the goal of the organization. Great coaching and mentorship.

Pros

Great management and team

Cons

Can be on contract for long

very good first student engineering position

Got to learn about the engineering process, and the crew were very helpful and enjoyable to work. The management was very concerned about safety which is good.

Good Place to learn how a city functions

work in Fleet, good place to get hands on experience after a Dealership SA position. Great feeling you don't have to compete for a pay cheque. My Managers treat you with the greatest amount of respect and open to new idea and way of doing things.

The city of Regina is a great place to work. You can have several carriers at the same employer because there is such diversity in the work that they do. You also get a sense of pride from providing services to the community that you live in. I highly recommend it as a place to work!

It just sucked!

Sit on your butt and then get in trouble when manager is in a bad mood. There is always to many people doing the same job. Noone wants to do hard work!

its okay

decent, depending on your manager. it is very hit or miss if youll have a great term or debate on quitting. but also do worry about getting fired #union

A fun place to work that paid for my university

A great place to work outside in the summers that paid for my entire university career the management was incredible I would highly recommend this place if anyone to work

Excellent workplace

Excellent place to work! I have had no problems what so ever in the last 3 seasons working with the City of Regina. The managers and staff are the best people I have ever worked for! I always look forward to working in the summer!

Slow and Boring

Terrible culture, everyone is out for themselves and you have to belong to a union. They take a ridiculous amount off your paycheque and theres no room for advancement because it is all based on seniortiy, not skills

Split shift--lack of drivers

Split shifts were tough Lack of drivers made for long hours and days Friendly and helpful co workers pay was decent, benefits and pension stressful at times

Culture is toxic

There are worse places to work, there are better places to work. The work culture is very different from what the corporation would like to convery - inclusive and safe and respectful - this is not the case on the front line with the lower level supervisors. If you can put up with it, then you will do fine. It wears on a person though........

Variety of Positions and Hours available

Pick shifts once every 4 months or sub and pick-up shifts. Great for working around other jobs or school. Lots of variety for shifts: set up events, kids programs, office positions, cashiering etc. Management is absolutely horrendous.

Pros

Flexibility

Positive work environment

I very much enjoy workig at the City of Regina, it has a very good work environment where I learned plenty of usefull skills . Lots of overtime as well as great people.

Working for the City of Regina

Working for the City of Regina has helped me develop my skills and encourages you to receive the proper education and training to excel in the specific areas in which you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Regina, SK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement