City of Red Deer

City of Red Deer Employee Reviews

Being the only indigenous administrative assistant around it was challenging and hard work to overcome stereotypes and prove my worth. I worked very hard.
Benefits
Cons
Stereotypical colleagues
I loved working at The City of Red Deer. I hope to someday get a full time position with them. The atmosphere was so friendly and inviting. The people were wonderful and kind. I was always busy from start to finish. It made me feel very productive at the end of the day. My positions there certainly exercised my brain.
worked here for one season had a great time hard to get on full time though. They give you lots of training on different types of equipment ie hydrovac, packer
Pros
great people and work
Cons
seasonal
I really enjoy working with the City, I am just dissapointed that I only have a temporary position. I enjoy the variety of work, and doing something different. I like my coworkers and everyone is easy to work with.
Pros
lots of social events
Cons
that i only have a seasonal position
gained a lot of experience operating equipment, fun work environment
My day entailed making sure the day to day operations of the landfill were done according to Alberta Environmental legislation. I was to ensure the safety of the public and co-workers in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Operating heavy equipment at a landfill.
Cons
Fast paced; long hours.
My day started with a number of assigned duties in different parts of the city. Typically I would plan my day so I could accomplish everything before the laborers would arrive to start prepping the site. I had to set up safety barriers to protect the laborers from traffic. Once this was done I would operate whatever heavy machinery was needed to complete the job; ie.: grader, backhoe, etc. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the public...drivers who seemed to think the barriers and warnings didn't apply to them. At the end of the day I felt pretty good about getting the job done.
Pros
Different duties every day...variety; didn't get bored.
Cons
The public swearing at you because they were delayed in traffic.
General landscaping around the city. Great crew to work with. Low-stress level. The best thing about it was completing a job and being able to see what you had accomplished.
Every day at the city is an adventurure .I was fortunate to of had a lot of experiance with thing s i could of only imagined .My daily duties were to maintain the building s systems from the pools ciculation systems to the ice plant .I was taught how to drive olympia which is the ice resurfacer It was one of the main duties in the winter months . Took pool training to be able to trouble shoot and handle theproblems which can occurre.Successfully passed the AARFP arena operator 1 and Pool operater 1 and 2
  1. Employee reviews