City of Red Deer
City of Red Deer Employee Review

Great Place To Work

13 April 2019
Working for the City is enjoyable. It has developed a culture that you want to be a part of. Waking up for work isn't so bad when you are a part of such a great team.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Spend your days in the sunshine and with friends
Cons
6am start time
8 October 2019
Same roleSame location
Labourer (Former Employee) - Red Deer, AB
City workers can get a bad rep. You hear the comments about being lazy and admittedly a lot of this is deserved. Public Works and Parks are horribly unorganized and should be seriously looked at by HR/City Manager. The Electric Light and Power and Environmental Services departments are run very well and the workers are very skilled and hard working. I worked in Environmental Services for Construction and Maintenance. They build and fix the water and sewer system. These guys worked really hard and the work was rewarding but the leadership was hit or miss. The Construction Lead Foreman was the best boss I’ve ever worked for, he knew the job, led by example and was well respected. On the other hand the superintendent was awful. I can’t think of a single time he provided any real value to anyone and he thought of his workers as numbers rather than people.
14 April 2015
Same role
Parks Laborer (Current Employee) - RD
It is ok. not the greatest environment or management. took me 4 years to get benefits. outside work is great in the summer no so much in the winter
14 June 2021
Same location
Community Services Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Red Deer, AB
Being the only indigenous administrative assistant around it was challenging and hard work to overcome stereotypes and prove my worth. I worked very hard.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Stereotypical colleagues