City of Red Deer logo
City of Red Deer
View all City of Red Deer reviews

City of Red Deer

City of Red Deer Employee Review

I always enjoyed my time at CORD. The work can be relaxed, but it is generally a steady and manageable pace. In emergency situations(depending on your department) the pace hastens and critical thinking becomes a necessity. The departmental culture asks for collaborative and thoughtful co workers. Generosity and comaraderie were always keen on the crews that I was a part of.

5.0Job security/advancement

Overcoming stereotypes

Being the only indigenous administrative assistant around it was challenging and hard work to overcome stereotypes and prove my worth. I worked very hard.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

Stereotypical colleagues

Racist and mean spirited.

A very mean-spirited and petty minded place. There is a culture of backbiting and backstabbing there. Life and work have been made unnecessarily difficult and overwhelming. Supervisors and coworkers are so nasty.

Pros

Cons

Extreme micro- management.

Poor management

Management is very immature they pick favourites and do not have good manners. They are childish and rude.They choose who to give shifts too and that plays along with the favourites, if you’re not a favourite then no hours for you ( this is specifically aquatics department )

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Red Deer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement