City of Red Deer Employee Reviews

Great Manager
911 Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 April 2018
Supportive supervisor great benefits and salary. Many staff were positive and encouraging. There was always new things to learn and resources to help you along the way.
Pros
great manager
Cons
long hours short staffed
Great Place to Work
Lifeguard / Instructor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 April 2018
Working with the City Of Red the employees and employers that I work with are Professional, Fun, team orientated, I would recommend working for the City of Red Deer.
Workplace Culture
Operations/Programs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 March 2018
I worked in operations at one of the rec centres. Pretty much the only good thing was the pay. The managers did not care about their people and treated them like a number. When they did care, they played favourites which was not fair to other hard working employees. Very cliquey.
Co Workers were generally pretty awesome and fun to work with. Management made it an unhealthy working environment.
Pros
Good Pay, Nice Co Workers (Mostly)
Cons
Very hard to get a permanent position
productive and fun work place.
CUSTODIAN / FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 December 2017
Great job.
Excellent staff.
Company truck.
Weekends off.
Various buildings to clean,including City Hall, Water treatment plant.
Totally regret leaving this job. ( Sick father in-law came to live with us/just moved him into Bethany after 5 yrs of care )
Great coworkers bad management
P.L (Former Employee) –  Red deer29 October 2017
I worked at the city for 5 years. The people I worked with were amazing. Management and HR however are a joke to say the least. I had identified a work hazard and was told because it shon a negative light on the city I would be reprimanded or let go if I told anyone else about it. I was quite upset and went to HR where I was told the same thing. I quit shortly after...
Pros
Great employees, great benefits
Cons
HR is not there for you
Great workplace
Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 July 2017
Great systems in place to keep staff working diligently, great pay. great hours with supervisors helping to perfect schedules across the board. Great place to develop people skills as working directly with the public is a constant
Pros
cheap pass
Cons
sometimes cliques developed in the workplace
Enjoy working for The City of Red Deer. Will eventually retire from this position.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 May 2017
Terrific company to work with. Great work environment, salary, benefits and management. Opportunity for advancement. Excellent vacation schedule and guaranteed hours.
Pros
One day off every three weeks.
Cons
Transporting persons from place to place
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 May 2017
Commence on route to pick up patrons to take them either to work or where they can continue their journey to their destination.
I am very understanding and considerate of others.
Help patrons with their destination, give advice if required.
Drove responsible, watched for inexperienced drivers.
Love communication with people.

I am a clean, responsible, well mannered lady who love to serve the public.
Pros
Help people
Cons
Fun and enjoyable work environment
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 May 2017
Working for the City of Red Deer was a rewarding job: which included the ability to meet and interact with new and very interesting people. This employment gave me the new skills to be confident with the interaction with diverse cultures.
Great!
Lifeguard / Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 March 2017
Working in this atmosphere was one of the most healthy and fantastic times of my life. I would recommend working for the city to anyone. You get a lot out of what you give in!

Want to know more about City of Red Deer?

Ask a question
Casual Employment in the Dryland Department means Casual
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 September 2016
I work with some pretty amazing people in the Dryland Department at the GH Dawe Community Centre. The hours don't meet my needs and after 5+ years I am still unable to advance since there are not many opportunities to advance within this department.
Pros
AMAZING co-workers and constantly changing. Every day is a new adventure
Cons
As a casual employee you have no guaranteed ANYTHING. Hours, seniority, benefits, bathroom coverage.
Typical working day
Guest Services/ Cashier desk/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 July 2016
I love working for the City of red Deer, the people to work with are awesome, leads and supervisors are incredible to work with, very fair, understanding and make coming to work fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Great people to work with, Great management, decent pay
Cons
Not enough perm. postions in depts that despratley need them
Good Place to work
Water, Waste Water Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 July 2016
Learned lots during my Summer practicum, good people to work with.
Basically Helped operators with daily tasks such as water mainline flushing or plant house keeping.
Good Employer
Facility Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  North Red Deer, AB23 May 2016
Learned lots everyday and fun to work. New Challenges everyday. I enjoy working with the city and the bosses are awesome to work with.
Good benefits
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 September 2015
Was ok to work for. Good benefits and pension plan. But not great when it came to taking care of their employees and caring about what they were dealing with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management not good
City of Red Deer Review
Corporate Meeting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  City Hall14 June 2015
A great place to work. Plenty of room for advancement and benefits. Supporting senior management team and lots of opportunities.
Fun workplace, good people, good pay.
Lifeguard Instructor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 May 2015
A typical day at work in this position over the fall-winter term includes communicating with patrons and the general public as a lifeguard while also maintaining a safe, clean, and manageable pool environment. In the spring-summer term, work was a bit more busy, as it was the busiest time of the year, mainly due to the fact that an outdoor pool was present in the work environment. I have learned a variety of communication skills and first aid techniques being in this position for three years. It was a team environment, so co-workers were very diligent and was very good with communication with fellow co-workers and myself. Hardest part of the job is the consistency of enforcing rules onto the general public (mainly children, young teen, and teen). Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside a great team of co-workers.
Pros
Free access to facility areas, such as pool and gym. Good pay.
Cons
Authoritive figure can get overwhelming at times.
4 out of 10
Parks Laborer (Current Employee) –  RD14 April 2015
It is ok. not the greatest environment or management. took me 4 years to get benefits. outside work is great in the summer no so much in the winter
Excellent job placement
Financial Services Clerk - Student Practicum (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 April 2015
I loved working at The City of Red Deer. I hope to someday get a full time position with them. The atmosphere was so friendly and inviting. The people were wonderful and kind. I was always busy from start to finish. It made me feel very productive at the end of the day. My positions there certainly exercised my brain.
Seasonal Good
Seasonal Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta4 March 2015
worked here for one season had a great time hard to get on full time though. They give you lots of training on different types of equipment ie hydrovac, packer
Pros
great people and work
Cons
seasonal