City Of Prince George

City Of Prince George Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Totally worth the experience. A productive and collaborative experience. I enjoyed being there and learnt a lot about different aspects of muncipal work.
Every day is different which keeps it interesting. Management is fair and works to solve issues. Hours for casuals can be sporadic. Great co workers who work as a team.
Pros
Good pay. Interesting work, fast paced. Great co workers.
Cons
Very sporadic hours
Great place to work. Very flexible. Work for schedule. Snow removal in winter. Night and days shifts that rotate.Pay was good. Was asked to slow down a couple of times.
Due to the union, it is difficult to advance based on skills and work ethics. Preference is given to certificates and not experience and capabilities.
Very professionable, 99% of time very Much all business, very caring people to work for. Mostly all business but you do get some relaxation moments. Would say 90% of staff working really enjoy the job, the people and and the smiles they get. Very happy family.
I loved working with the City of Prince George. It was challenging and rewarding. It had a great paying salary and I loved my managers and the people that I worked with .
Fast paced working environment, always learning, multi-tasking, education and training options available, variety of job options available, good salary and benefits
I really enjoyed my time here. Co workers were great and so were the supervisors. Lots of different jobs to change days up. So days are slower then others. Was told I worked to fast some times.
Being in the Aquatics Divisor of the City of Prince George gave me a wide variety of skills that I will use for the rest of my life. I would recommend pursuing this career if you want a lot of hours and have the opportunity to hone your first aid and communication skills.
It is an excellent place to work at. There is a lot of room for improvement and advancement. There are always challenges within the daily work, which provides and interactive work day.
The roads department Manager has a bad temper and is very quick to fly off the handle. Makes bad calls and decisions before putting any thought behind them. Acts first, thinks after.
Work load was there in the busy office which it did not make difference as the management and office staff were just so helpful and excellent.

I learned a lot and got my foundation of enforcement skills and office management in variety of departments. There was no pressure or hypes to make workers nervous, unwanted and lacking knowledge.

Management were just great and very helpful. They made me feel I was one of them.

There was no hard part of my job. It was hardest thing to do was to resign to relocate for my children's university in lower mainland.

My most enjoyable part of the job was to catch up in all my task and at the end of the day I get to discuss things with my other co-workers that we may learn and compare the situation and things.
Pros
Very positive office environment
Cons
There is no cons about City of Prince George.
Working for the City of Prince George has been a great experience. It offers a high salary with benefits and a supportive team environment. I had a great time working here as a casual.
The politics, nepotism and cronyism is awful. Toxic work environment is an understatement. Management turns a blind eye to the problems and that’s from the top right down to the foreman positions. Harassment is mainstream and the union is less than effective. Benefits and pay are the only reason to stay, but expect your mental state to be challenged if you believe in standing up for what’s right. The city is less involved with looking after the citizens and more about looking out for themselves. Abhorrent behaviour such as theft, bullying and harassment in all forms is permitted as long as you’re friends with the right people. Don’t expect much from CUPE should you encounter an issue. Not sure what they’re doing with the union dues because It doesn’t appear to be going to workers grievances. Maybe it’s going toward union trips to discuss how not to fight for employees rights. At any rate don’t expect to be treated well. Just make your money and go home. Try to be invisible.
Pros
Pay, benefits and possible overtime
Cons
The leadership, union and nepotism
Used to be a great place to work. Current management walks all over employees, they have total disregard for the collective agreement. In 2 short years, many of the senior employees have either opted to take early retirement, quit or have been fired for speaking out about mismanagement. The once effective CUPE union has become a "lap dog" for the management.

If you take a job here, you will move up fast, as the turn-over rate is becoming high. There are good benefits to working here, but keep to yourself and dont speak out. It is not a happy work environment.
Pros
Highest wages for municipal workers in province. Good pension and benefits.
Cons
Toxic work environment. Little to no union representation. Expect poor behaviour out of management.
It is always a pleasure to work for both of companies good employer and great work environment, Our manager helps us to find the solution for the problem all the time.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
no coffee break
Great people and great atmosphere. Really loved the schedule and having the opportunity for overtime. Cant wait to go back next summer!
Was a very demanding job as service requirements were high but monetary resources to provide equipment and staff were not there for support. The pressures of internal politics were always active in the work environment which was an unfortunate part of an otherwise good job.
Pros
Very good training and fellow employees
Cons
High Internal Politics involved in position
Can be very demanding at times and schedule chagnes from week to week but great people to work with in a great environment. never a dull moment
Pros
salary, fun, exciting
Cons
schedule changes from week to week