City Of Prince Albert Employee Reviews

Great people to work with.
Water Safety Instructor/Lifeguard/Aquatics Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK28 February 2018
While the culture is amazing, the opportunities for advancement are less than good.

The typical work day is busy and all of the City of Prince Albert employees seem to be friendly and hardworking.
Great place to work.
Play Leader (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK20 September 2017
The playground program is an excellent job. The bosses are approachable and very helpful whenever needed. The entire atmosphere of this work environment is positive.
awesome co-workers fun environment
Labourer in Sanitation Department (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK31 July 2017
id prefer to leave no comment at this time as i have nothing positive to say about my current job. new management is in place and is making way too many changes to fast.
Friendly Environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK19 January 2017
A great place to work in
Job enlargement
job rotation
multicultural environment
The management is very helpful and supportive
City of Prince Albert - Assistant Director of Financial Services
Assistant Director of Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK11 March 2015
A day at this position is never typical. It is varied with dealing with the public in numerous areas, specifically in tasks related to utility management and billing, and the provision of public services. This position works with various higher level department managers and City Councillors, and provides submit reports on a variety of subjects related to the public sector or on long term financial planning matters and issues. This position oversee numerous employees and is fortunate to work with a group of skilled individuals who are dedicated to providing the best customer service possible given the constraints placed upon them.

The hardest part of the job is trying to provide services to the public and to help them understand why rate increases are important even when the City is experiencing rising operating and capital costs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction gained knowing that programs that you have designed or worked on are implemented throughout the organization and that you have contributed to the success and positive image of the City.
Pros
Excellent Benefits program
Cons
No chance for advancement as current Director is younger than me
we had a pool table in our lunch room and table tennis too
waterworks foreman II (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 March 2013
i had a great career with the city, it was fun working with staff and students over the years, ive learnt alot, the hardest part of the job was watermain breaks at -40 temps but we got through them as any other day, my co-workers were great and hardly complained but when they did, things were done about it whenever possible...safety was our main concern at all times...my most enjoyable times when i had to explain to the general public on why and when we did our jobs on the streets and/or lanes causing traffic problems
Pros
great benifits, great staff, fun place to work
Cons
puting up with new management errors (council)