City of Port Moody

City of Port Moody Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Vibrant, progressive and inclusive city that treats its employees with respect. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Modern work space and equipment, surrounded by gorgeous wooded environment. Close to everything!
I love the atmosphere and the positive staff as well as the activities which we preform to entertain the kids are really fun for them and time goes by really quick as it is a fun workplace!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management from top to bottom dictatorship. they only care about the end results and forget that people are human beings with families and feelings. Stay away.
awesome place to work the staff are very kind and inviting, i always feel at home here. its an amazing place to make memories and have fun while doing your job. This job comes naturally once you get the hang of it.
Pros
free gym use
Cons
short hours
Allows me to grow both as a person and as a professional. The people I have met and got the chance to work with have changed my life in a very positive way.
I learned lots about working as part of a team and interacting with the public. The workplace is very organized at all levels, especially the management.
Port Moody is a great city to live in but also to work for. The city offers a lot of job opportunities to work your way up. The Mayor is an outstanding character for the City of Port Moody. The Managers are professional and upbeat about their passion of work.
Pros
Wages, Fun environment
Port Moody has the best skate program in the lower mainland. Excellent staff, and great instructors. Staff are knowledgable,willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all participants are happy and successful.
I love working for the city, the people are great as well as the interactions made working there. Everyone seems to have a good head on their shoulders, and knew what they were doing.
The staff there are very friendly and the work hours are very flexible. The environment is very welcoming. I learned a lot about children and working with people.
Pros
Coworkers
Unsatisfactory experience with an organization that is self described as supportive of employees, but offers little opportunity to succeed in certain roles.
Pros
Excellent remuneration and good benefits
Cons
Lack of supervisory and management training in certain departments
Volunteered 40.5 hours for the city of Port Moody, by working with children, and helping them out and cleaning up. Very nice people volunteering with, very cooperative. Not too much to be describing, except that it was a nice experience to do again.
Pros
Gaining experience, helping out others.
I've been substitute teaching for the Creative Writing Workshops for two years and have enjoyed it immensely. Staff at the City of Port Moody are helpful and friendly. I work with a variety of people who want to improve their writing skills.