City of Port Coquitlam

City of Port Coquitlam: 9 Employee Reviews

Solid place to work with good pay

Good place to work for students. Pay is decent and there is some opportunity for advancement. Shift times are generally set for ease of scheduling around.

Pros

culture

Cons

cold

Awesome Place to Work

Reasonable management team, open door policy, and amazing coworkers. Highly recommend. Getting on full time permanent isn’t easy but full time casual is the same but without full benefits and the pay is a bit higher to compensate for that. Best HR people I’ve ever encountered.

Insights into City of Port Coquitlam

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Very well organized.

The election was very well organized and carried out successfully by a team of many people, all of whom had a deep care and appreciation for the work they were doing. It was a very fast-paced, yet friendly work space. I would definitely work for the City of Port Coquitlam again.

Volunteer Experience

The management was always very sociable and helpful, and I learned a lot while volunteering there. It was difficult to find volunteer opportunities that I qualified for, but those that I did do were very enjoyable.

Pros

Volunteer hours

Cons

Lack of variety

Fun and builds leaders

I had 120 hours volunteering with the city of Port Coquitlam and it was amazing. Playing with kids was amazing. Helping the people run it gave me so many oppourtunities to grow and learn.

Lots of job opportunities

City of Port Coquitlam offers a lot of job and volunteer opportunities. The managers and Mayor offer a lot of hours towards their staff and volunteers. The city hold many events and programs for the children, youth, adults, and seniors. City of Port Coquitlam is one of those cities in the lower mainland with advance and productive programs for everyone.

Great job

Forever grateful for my experiences working as a youth rec worker. Started volunteering for the city of Port Coquitlam in highshool and then had a position created for me so I could work for the youth centre.

Very great place to work

Very good place to work! Benefits and pay are very good i thoroughly enjoyed working there however was forced to relocate for awhile which is why i left.

Good

8hr day 40hr week Working in a municipal operational work Management not sticking around new generation not much culture weather always learning new stuff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Port Coquitlam. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement