City of Port Coquitlam

City of Port Coquitlam Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Solid place to work with good pay

Good place to work for students. Pay is decent and there is some opportunity for advancement. Shift times are generally set for ease of scheduling around.

Pros

culture

Cons

cold

Productive and Fast Environment

As a Paperboy you usually spent around 1-2 hours delivering papers and getting paid 5$ for it.Fast-paced as you can either spend 2.5 hours working or 45 minutes depending on if you go slow or fast (running compared to walking)You have to find your own way for getting the 50-200 papers to each house, so you usually have to buy your own wagon.

Pros

Good Beginner Job For Younger Kids

Cons

Low pay, Fast-paced

Insights into City of Port Coquitlam

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Awesome Place to Work

Reasonable management team, open door policy, and amazing coworkers. Highly recommend. Getting on full time permanent isn’t easy but full time casual is the same but without full benefits and the pay is a bit higher to compensate for that. Best HR people I’ve ever encountered.

Very well organized.

The election was very well organized and carried out successfully by a team of many people, all of whom had a deep care and appreciation for the work they were doing. It was a very fast-paced, yet friendly work space. I would definitely work for the City of Port Coquitlam again.

Volunteer Experience

The management was always very sociable and helpful, and I learned a lot while volunteering there. It was difficult to find volunteer opportunities that I qualified for, but those that I did do were very enjoyable.

Pros

Volunteer hours

Cons

Lack of variety

Fun and builds leaders

I had 120 hours volunteering with the city of Port Coquitlam and it was amazing. Playing with kids was amazing. Helping the people run it gave me so many oppourtunities to grow and learn.

Lots of job opportunities

City of Port Coquitlam offers a lot of job and volunteer opportunities. The managers and Mayor offer a lot of hours towards their staff and volunteers. The city hold many events and programs for the children, youth, adults, and seniors. City of Port Coquitlam is one of those cities in the lower mainland with advance and productive programs for everyone.

Great job

Forever grateful for my experiences working as a youth rec worker. Started volunteering for the city of Port Coquitlam in highshool and then had a position created for me so I could work for the youth centre.

Very great place to work

Very good place to work! Benefits and pay are very good i thoroughly enjoyed working there however was forced to relocate for awhile which is why i left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Port Coquitlam. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement