City of Ottawa

City of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Canada327 reviews
Fun Workplace
Working for the City of Ottawa gives you the chance to meet amazing people that share the same goals and ideas as yourself. It is a giant team and we all work well together
Very toxic environment
Job descriptions are written so really only those already in the positions acting could achieve the positions.

Management is clueless as to yhe behaviours of its staff and they allow toxic cultures to breed and encourage it.

Dont be fooled i have worked here 15 plus years,trust me discrimination, backstabbing, bullying, lack of respect is rampant
fun workplace
management is always extremely accommodating to staff. Great colleagues to work with in a team environment that is physically demanding at times. typical day at work is relaxed as duties are spread out effectively
Technically and behavior skills are mainly focused.
Interview was mostly on technicality and how we performed in real time. Given scenario that would I be able to solve. Interview was with team of three people.
A great work space to learn in a fun way and a place you can work on yourself
Working at City of Ottawa was a fun work of space where I had the opportunity to learn with the help of other great coworkers who were willing to sacrifice their time for me. Every day i would arrive and work on the computer in the cubicle they had for me. I learned how to format documents and present in front of others. The workplace was a really fun environment with people who were passionate about their jobs. The hardest part was probably presenting because its something I wasn't naturally able to do, and now I can present with no stress. And the most enjoyable part was the group I was working with. They were helpful and all very nice.
Well organized and fun workplace for work in aquatics
Great workplace culture, very easy to make life-long friends while promoting water safety and physical health. Very organized staff and training procedures.
Many opportunities to stay active and learn.

Great atmosphere and wonderful experience if you like working with children and working in aquatics.
Very Good
This was volunteer work for me so I can't speak to the pay and benefits portion but from what I can tell from the people that were employed, it seemed pretty good. Management was great, loved the atmosphere. I enjoyed teaching the kids and being a camp counselor.
Political dog eat dog atmosphere
If you ever worked for the City of Ottawa you will appreciate your new job!! Constant turnover of staff. You might want to consider another employer!!!
non stressfull summer job
I have worked with the city for a few summers. It was a non stressful environment and a good work/familly balance. The pay was good. I had to use my vehicle a lot so they paied for millage too.
fun nice workplace
I enjoyed my job, my head guard was very nice, and they made sure we also felt secure and like we had backup while teaching. The job was very enjoyable and fun.
Fair
The work environment is very relaxed and fun. The people are always great and kind. This is a job for people who like children and can tolerate them for a long period of time.
Great
Working with the City of Ottawa has been great and I've learned a lot. The staff and clients were friendly and it has been a great work experience in my career.
A great job
I loved working for the city. The managers were kind and compassionate. I loved teaching the kids, answering the phone and being on deck. I love swimming myself, so I enjoyed being by the pool side.
Enjoyale
Enjoyable place to work if you don't mind cold weather. manage this people on the ice with little supervision the most enjoyable part was being able to play hockey while working.
Productive and Provides Opportunity to Increase Skill-Sets
The City of Ottawa provides a safe work environment with much training and opportunity to offer feedback to management. This job encourages individuals to increase the amount of certifications they hold and encourages leadership training.
Seniority
Job offer is base on seniority. You need another job to supplement your income. Co-workers are respectful. Always gave a big smile. They are warm and helpful.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Seniority
Good Pay, Slow paced
Overall a great place to work. The pay is great, the people can be great, the hours are available depending on where you work and once you're hired as a City of Ottawa worker, the opportunities to laterally transfer to different departments is plentiful.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Slow paced
A good place to work
Great opportunities to do different types of work. Large organization with good training. General desire to make life better for the people of the city. Great work/life balance.
Supportive staff
The city of Ottawa team is a very collaborative workplace that caters to a supportive workplace that help to build skills for the staff and help them to succeed.
Fun, supportive environment
I worked with an excellent group of human beings who were action oriented, positive and took the time to help the younger staff grow. My position started as a summer student job and I was able to stay on in the fall as a full time employee.
productive
I worked in the lab . Was in general very busy. I was the laboratory sample technician . Sometimes more than one client came so I had to help everybody and in the same time being pleasant.
I found the job interesting because was challenging. I will recommend

the job to somebody how likes to work.