City of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2018
Everything is well managed and organized. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand and you make close ties with the clients, as well as your coworkers.
Typical employment for those looking for a salary
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2018
I am not typical, I look to strive and better myself on a daily basis. With so many employees and so little opportunity of moving forward my future looked unsatisfied.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not efficient, split shifts
Great experience!
Specialty instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa12 October 2018
Working with the City of Ottawa has been a great experience for me. While exploring multiple different aspect of my area of interest, I acquired a lot of experience working with multiple diverse groups. I would love to get more involved in the area as well.
very nice work place and productive
Flyer Distributor (Current Employee) –  101 centrepointe drive10 September 2018
little shifts, its more of a seasonal kind of job.. shifts are not always available. The working environment can sometimes be harsh because we hand out flyers during winter for 2 hours before we get a break. Funny enough that's when the job's availability is more
Property Manager (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON4 September 2018
A good day at work 40 hrs a week
always good people to work for
Good envoriment to work
The management are good employees
The 40 hrs a week is a good thing
Everybody gets along
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Week end overtime
Dance teacher
Introductory Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2018
A typical shift at work consisted of teaching my student. It was a great experience that helps me develop my sense of leadership and determination. The workplace was in a nice environment
Work life Balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2018
The city of Ottawa offers a great work life balance, they have very supportive managers and wish want their employees to succeed. There are often many jobs available.
An office
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2018
Depending on what department you work in, things will be different. In the receivables/collections part it was a mostly older women who are generally 'catty' for the most part. Much fun.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Strange atmosphere
Quintessential teen job
Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2018
Unionized, fairly and clearly compensated, clear responsibility RE: replacing shifts and picking up shifts, fun environment, ample training leading up to hiring, good team dynamic (if sometimes a little cliquey - this is a teen job, after all).
offer student opportunities
Laboratory Asst WWS (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2018
Really good job for students. Get an immersive experience into laboratories world + getting a valuable network. Only available to University student within the field.

Want to know more about City of Ottawa?

Ask a question
amazing
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2018
Great training programs, and people with a great chance to produce into a career.

I would recommend this to anyone who can get the chance.

City of Ottawa
great workplace, geat team
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 July 2018
great bunch of people to work with and to work for. work life balance is ideal and excellent retirement benefits including pension plan. modern IT work place
Fun Workplace
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 July 2018
People are very friendly and the community is all connected allowing us to stay interactive with each other and help each other when a shift is needed.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
Long Hours
good environment
Ottawa (Former Employee) –  Ottawa20 June 2018
A typical day at work takes a level of focus that must be maintained as long as you are getting paid for.Its easy to do as long as you are used to it. Its fun working!
City of Ottawa
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2018
It can be a great place to work. Can be difficult at times to advance. Very stagnant culture. Slow paced and bureaucratic. Pay is great for the type of work being performed but can become very boring and mundane.
Awesome Job!
Head Instructor City of Ottawa Hockey Camp (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2018
Being a camp instructor the most rewarding job that I have ever had. I love coming into work, it always puts a smile on my face. I always look forward to my next shift.
Government
Student Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
At times I did not have anything to do and many of the tasks I was assigned were not very meaningful. I truly found out what a "government job" was. I took another co-op opportunity (I was a student at the time) and a 10 $/hr pay decrease to get out of there.
fun job, great coworkers
Day Care Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
the City of Ottawa is a great place to begin you're working career. You gain valuable workplace knowledge and develop great relationships with co-workers. Overall, it's a very positive environment, and I would recommend working for the city.
Opportunity for growth
Park Programmer/ Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2018
Although there is a lot of standing around, it is the best part of the job. You almost feel as though you're not doing anything. I learn a lot from the In-Services. How to treat injuries, how to speak to certain groups of people. Management was great! I loved how they were all so young and easy to relate with. Diverse group of workers. Hardest part of the job was being in the heat in 30+ humidity under a tiny umbrella if you're lucky, but it was manageable. My favorite part of the job was all the friendships I made after doing this job for 2 years. I loved working here.
fun job
Outdoor rink coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2018
this job was a lot of fun as it was pretty much just make sure the ice is clean and safe then, you get to play hockey and get paid. overall very fun job.