City of North Vancouver logo

City of North Vancouver Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Management sucks

You can never do enough to make them happy. And they have a way of bullying guys into doing things. Their safety rep is paid to keep people at work doing rediculous things even when your doctor tells you not to be there

Pros

Occasional free food

Cons

Long days and have to fight to get paid for the overtime

Fun and stressfree workplace

Good work culture and a stress free environment. Great management and support resources. Fair pay for the work done. I never brought home any work stress from this job.

Cons

Typically short shifts so can be tough to get enough hours

wasnt overall a good experience

It was a terrible place to work period. poor management, to much entitlement and a lot of lazy guys. Temps did all the work and took all took all the problems. . Not what u know it is who u know there. good benefits and job safety but low pay for only hrs a day.

Une experience enrichissante pour en apprendre plus sur la culture canadienne, leur mode de vie et une chance d'ameliorer mon anglais.

Journ√©e typique : - Aide aux repas - Aide √† l'habillage - Amener les enfants √† l'Ecole - Les aider dans l'apprentissage d'une bonne hygi√®ne de vie - Participer aux t√Ęches m√©nag√®res

Awful workplace

Absolutely hands down the worst organization I have ever worked for. I worked on the streets division. The supervisor is an negative, insecure old man who is abusing the system by organising overtime to benefit him and the brown noser of the crew. They bully employees they hate to try and force them out. Good workers get punished and the lazy and system abusing employees seem to get whatever they want. Use alot of city tools for personal jobs on weekends and also charge certain materials to work jobs even though they bring them home for personal use. Embarrassment of an organization. Corruption at its best I guess. Glad I left when I did. I hope hr see this review.

Pros

Benefits and some nice people

Cons

Excellent benefits. Good learning environment with in-house training and courses. Great location with banks, library, restaurants and shops close by.

Jobs at City of North Vancouver