City of North Vancouver Employee Reviews

Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 June 2018
Excellent benefits. Good learning environment with in-house training and courses. Great location with banks, library, restaurants and shops close by.
Very positive place to work. Enjoyable people and good attitudes
Assistant to District Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC29 January 2018
Early start at 7:00 AM, but that means an early finish - 3:30PM.

Review the day's or week's requirements with my supervisor and plan the activities accordingly.

Always be aware that the people that you work with are your best resources for getting things done. Everyone has secondary skills that enhance their basic job description. This makes it fun to work with them.

Management has their quirks, but they are open to new information, and are willing to listen if the information you are giving them will provide solutions to problems that they are dealing with. The culture is really quite friendly and upbeat.

As with any organization, there are a few sticks in the mud, but they can be handled.

Some jobs are started on without a clear understanding of the scope of activities needed to complete them properly. This leads to time crunches as the deadlines approach.

The best part of the job was that what I was doing was benefiting the community that I live in, and you could see the results of your work on a daily basis.
Pros
Free, Good Coffee
Cons
Time crunches on larger projects
Family Business by family members as staff
Pharmacy Technician Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 December 2017
The owner does not like to hire people except than the family. Even if the owner has to hire some staff for some specific leaves like her pregnancy, all the jobs are temporary.
Pros
Relaxing and slow paced
Cons
Not having a chance to get hired or paid
Management sucks
Garbage truck driver/swamper (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 October 2017
You can never do enough to make them happy. And they have a way of bullying guys into doing things. Their safety rep is paid to keep people at work doing rediculous things even when your doctor tells you not to be there
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
Long days and have to fight to get paid for the overtime
I didn't work for north vancouver library
Food concession and security guard (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 July 2017
i never worked for the city library ever in my. I don't know why this review is saying that I was in food concession and security. the library doesn't even have a food concession in it anyway.
Friendly Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 May 2017
- Slow during August, but customers increase later on
- Customers may try to steal products
- Fun to work in a Halloween environment
- Customers can be pushy with policies
Supervisor, Engineering Development Services (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC2 January 2016
I found this place to provide an excellent opportunity to learn about community issues, and basically what it takes to get a city operating properly.
Good job that had a small wage
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2015
I learned how too diagnose vehilce by the sounds they were making and the proper way to check what is wrong with a vehicle and what needed to be fixed and how. Dealt with customers about bills and received payments.
Pros
got toe make people happy by being respectful and well mannered
Cons
minimal wage
Unleashing your Creativity
Beyond The Fountain Projects (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 November 2013
This outstanding art project opened the way for me to discover the power of group work in art. I learned so much and left two long lasting public art pieces for the City of North Vancouver.
good place to work.....no complaints
Cement Finisher/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 December 2012
I run a crew of 3, I am responsible for many concrete projects to be finished in a timely manner with an emphasis on quality. The work is fun, the guys are great....I enjoy it

Want to know more about City of North Vancouver?

Ask a question