City of New Westminster
View all City of New Westminster reviews

City of New Westminster

City of New Westminster Employee Review

Work environment in the finance department is toxic and bullying

The environment in the finance department is very toxic- the finance manager was a bully with constant screaming, yelling & very mean to her employees thus making them very scared & nervous.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

Toxic environment

1.0Job security/advancement

fun starting position

working for the city was a rewarding experience that allowed me to feel as if i was giving back to the community. the only down side to this job would be the hours and weather dependant work.
Same location

A nice and friendly environment to work

Everyone I dealt with was welcoming to my role in the project I was hired for. There really isn’t anything stressful. Everyone I dealt with was professional and passionate about the City.
Same location

Supportive, fast paced, highly political environment. Great employees.

I have worked here for just under a year, I am very happy that I made the switch here as I am learning and growing a lot. There is a lot of work and high expectations from residents, council and senior management. New Westminster has a lot of history and an eclectic community making the work variable and interesting. Support from senior management, IT, finance, admin, legal and HR (especially HR) has been excellent.

Pros

Staff development, coworkers, compensation.

Cons

Lots of work to do, time and resources lacking (not in a bad way, just challenging).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of New Westminster. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1Job security/advancement

City of New Westminster Reviews by Location

• City of New Westminster
  • Work environment in the finance department is toxic and bullying