City of New Westminster Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
New Westminster, BC work
Urban Design Planner (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC26 December 2017
My favorite jobs have been in the public sector wherein I view the public as my client. This was in Canada, and I learned much about urban issues in this Canadian city, and made an impact on how people use the waterfront there.

I was respected and held accountable for my work. I put on presentations for crime prevention planning for community planners and police officers, to show relationships between urban form and crime patterns.

I conducted crime risk analyses on selected New Westminster neighborhoods for urban safety, and worked with regional planners for recreation trail connections through the City.
Pros
Solid municipal agency with a long history
Great place to work.
Aqua Zumba instructor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 August 2017
I teach once a week. I learnt to communicate with other instructors and give feedback to each other. It is a multi culture workplace. The only hard part in my case is not many Aqua Zumba instructors and it's hard to find a sub. It is a good place to work. I enjoyed every minutes of my class. It's always a pleasure to serve and see people having fun.
Pros
Exercise while dancing
Cons
hard to find a sub
Work environment in the finance department is toxic and bullying
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 May 2017
The environment in the finance department is very toxic- the finance manager was a bully with constant screaming, yelling & very mean to her employees thus making them very scared & nervous.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic environment
Always Productive and Appreciated
AUXILIARY TRAINER, TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC16 August 2016
No complains here, hope to gain more hours based on what I do for the city and what the community needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the appreciation that I get from those who I teach basic technology skills. They appreciate it as much as I appreciate them.
detail oriented
finance clerk (Former Employee) –  511 royal ave, new westminster bc11 August 2016
Excellent customer service, good with people. A team player, creative, attention to detail and get a long with colleagues. Positive outlook in life and a go getter.