City of New Westminster Employee Reviews

Clerk Typist 3 (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 May 2019
The Engineering Department is busy from opening to closing. There is a variety of work to do and people to deal with, both internally and externally. The other staff members are great to work with and CNW is great with it's employees with lots of activities that staff can get involved in.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
Can be noisy when there are a lot of people waiting at the counter.
Don’t work in Parks
Equipment operated iii (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 December 2018
Came on as an auxiliary operator in Parks. Extremely dangerous driving mowers and equipment on streets of New West. Management was completely disconnected, had an old parks employee who had left to bylaw services want to come back and was eventually pushed out and let go. Don’t waste your time here....
Amazing place to work with amazing people
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 July 2018
Both the people that attend classes and the people that work here are amazing. Lots of flexibility with hours as well as opportunities to teach and learn.
New Westminster, BC work
Urban Design Planner (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC26 December 2017
My favorite jobs have been in the public sector wherein I view the public as my client. This was in Canada, and I learned much about urban issues in this Canadian city, and made an impact on how people use the waterfront there.

I was respected and held accountable for my work. I put on presentations for crime prevention planning for community planners and police officers, to show relationships between urban form and crime patterns.

I conducted crime risk analyses on selected New Westminster neighborhoods for urban safety, and worked with regional planners for recreation trail connections through the City.
Pros
Solid municipal agency with a long history
Great place to work.
Aqua Zumba instructor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 August 2017
I teach once a week. I learnt to communicate with other instructors and give feedback to each other. It is a multi culture workplace. The only hard part in my case is not many Aqua Zumba instructors and it's hard to find a sub. It is a good place to work. I enjoyed every minutes of my class. It's always a pleasure to serve and see people having fun.
Pros
Exercise while dancing
Cons
hard to find a sub
Work environment in the finance department is toxic and bullying
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 May 2017
The environment in the finance department is very toxic- the finance manager was a bully with constant screaming, yelling & very mean to her employees thus making them very scared & nervous.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic environment
Always Productive and Appreciated
AUXILIARY TRAINER, TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC16 August 2016
No complains here, hope to gain more hours based on what I do for the city and what the community needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the appreciation that I get from those who I teach basic technology skills. They appreciate it as much as I appreciate them.
detail oriented
finance clerk (Former Employee) –  511 royal ave, new westminster bc11 August 2016
Excellent customer service, good with people. A team player, creative, attention to detail and get a long with colleagues. Positive outlook in life and a go getter.