City of Nanaimo

City of Nanaimo Employee Reviews in Nanaimo, BC

Nanaimo, BC12 reviews

I worked for the city as a Manager in public works. Unfortunately, I needed to leave due to family reasons. The most satisfying job I have ever had. Did not want leave.

Relaxed stress-free

Would recommend working for the City of Nanaimo. Would stay employed there if it wasn't for my family and I wanting to relocate. Grest place to be employed.

Insights into City of Nanaimo

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Was able to create and innnovate tennis lessons

Independent and inclusive work site allowed for creativity as well as doing fundamental skill and physical development! Able to reinforce standards and effective techniques in tennis instruction.

Rewarding job with difficult management

The job itself was rewarding and often enjoyable. The management team had some weak links that made things difficult. The City of Nanaimo tended to be a difficult workplace to break into unless you had family connections.

Productive workplace with people who care

The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone at the office was friendly, kind and willing to talk to you, whether it was in a professional or casual sense.

Work is independant

comfortable work setting, accommodating hours, independently working, able to perform tasks without supervision, support is available when required, good morale

Great City to work for

I love working for the City of Nanaimo, it's a beautiful City to live in and my co-workers are wonderful! I would highly recommend this employer to friends and family.

Excellent Work Environment

Very good hours, great people and managers. Excellent professional development opportunities. Great employee benefits and competitive pay. Very good human resource support.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Friendly and overall good place to work

I would recommend working for the city of Nanaimo, as they are the most friendliest employers you will have. They are always going out of their way to make sure you are having a fun and safe work environment, and working for them usually feels like more fun than actual work.

Very difficult place to secure work

The structure set up by the union makes it difficult for casual employees to secure hours. Management has its hands tied.

Pros

Rate of pay

Cons

hours of work and lack of available shifts

Very Enjoyable and Informative

I enjoy working with the City for the betterment of our dog park facilities. It's great to get out there and talk with people about their dogs and their hopes for further improvements to their dog off-leash areas.

Pros

Walk in the parks, talk to people, meet dogs

Cons

None, really.

Great Company

Great family business and a lot of room to learn and grow if you like being challenged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Nanaimo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement