City of Nanaimo

City of Nanaimo Employee Reviews

I worked for the city as a Manager in public works. Unfortunately, I needed to leave due to family reasons. The most satisfying job I have ever had. Did not want leave.
Would recommend working for the City of Nanaimo. Would stay employed there if it wasn't for my family and I wanting to relocate. Grest place to be employed.
Independent and inclusive work site allowed for creativity as well as doing fundamental skill and physical development! Able to reinforce standards and effective techniques in tennis instruction.
The job itself was rewarding and often enjoyable. The management team had some weak links that made things difficult. The City of Nanaimo tended to be a difficult workplace to break into unless you had family connections.
The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone at the office was friendly, kind and willing to talk to you, whether it was in a professional or casual sense.
comfortable work setting, accommodating hours, independently working, able to perform tasks without supervision, support is available when required, good morale
I love working for the City of Nanaimo, it's a beautiful City to live in and my co-workers are wonderful! I would highly recommend this employer to friends and family.
Very good hours, great people and managers. Excellent professional development opportunities. Great employee benefits and competitive pay. Very good human resource support.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I would recommend working for the city of Nanaimo, as they are the most friendliest employers you will have. They are always going out of their way to make sure you are having a fun and safe work environment, and working for them usually feels like more fun than actual work.
The structure set up by the union makes it difficult for casual employees to secure hours. Management has its hands tied.
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
hours of work and lack of available shifts
I enjoy working with the City for the betterment of our dog park facilities. It's great to get out there and talk with people about their dogs and their hopes for further improvements to their dog off-leash areas.
Pros
Walk in the parks, talk to people, meet dogs
Cons
None, really.
Great family business and a lot of room to learn and grow if you like being challenged.
  1. Employee reviews