City of Moncton Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere and staff
Quality Control Inspector, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 March 2019
The City of Moncton is a great place to work and the staff is quite friendly. I worked at this location as a student in the engineering department and it was a great learning opportunity.
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 October 2018
Great place to work. the work pace here with the city is very employee and family focused. the people are very focused on creating a great work environment and family environment.
Be Warned About Codiac Transpro and the City Of Moncton !
Ex Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 May 2018
Worked in this poisonous atmosphere for long enough to see that the management lie to your face and don't stand behind there workers! Very disappointed with the management overall.
Pros
None!
Cons
No life?
Fun to work at various events for the City of Moncton
Usher (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 April 2018
Being retired now for two years the City of Moncton has given me the opportunity to work as a casual/ part time employee for various event which has been gratifiying and appreciated.
Pros
Uniform is supplied and number of hour worked is flexible.
Great Work Experience
Municipal Work Field Inspector (Student Job) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 February 2018
Great work experience. Learned new construction techniques as well as construction methods. The work environment was not the best but the people made it better.
relaxed work environment
By-law enforcement assistant (work placement) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 August 2017
staff was more or less friendly, never too much pressure put on the employees, supervisor was friendly and accommodating, overall good work environment
Fun co-workers lots of administration
Sign Shop Student Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 June 2017
Fun co-workers lots of administration- my job was as a labour but even so we spent almost as much time filling out paperwork and doing admin as we did working.
Safe but stymied
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 March 2017
My time working for the city was a productive and worth while venture. However in my time there I noticed very few promotions. Further, towards the end of my employment, people were being "let go" or "retired" leading to gaping holes in the work force.It's a good place to retire.
Pros
Hard to be fired
Cons
long hours, little chance of advancement, pay cut
Wonderful Park with great support.
Park leader (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 January 2017
I worked for the City of Moncton for two summers as a park leader and they were absolutely magnificent. Anytime something needed to be fixed or supplies needed too be bought the city always made sure it was done and made my first job experience amazing. I couldn't be more thankful for the group of people i got too work with and obviously the wonderful families who would come daily
Pros
Positive Influence on the children
Cons
rainy days no kids
Productive workplace that very much assists students with summer jobs in their field of work
Engineering & Facilities Inspector (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 November 2016
I was able to work in my field of study and learn alongside the best in the industry by working at the City of Moncton. I have learned to manage my emotions at work and to better myself and my coworkers everyday grind by involving myself more into my work.
Pros
Very friendly staff, bosses and very enlightening and fulfilling work when contracts are in
Cons
Dull work at times
Awesome Employer
GIS / GPS Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 September 2015
Love working for the City. Been working here for over 10 years, and have always enjoyed it. The city is a great employer. there is great morale among all workers, and recommend anyone to come work here!
Amazing Place to work
Admissions/Gift Shop/Tourism (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 March 2015
The environment is great, the staff is great, the hours are great.

Lots of public interaction, great management overall.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Advancement is difficult
Excellent learning experience.
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 January 2015
Excellent learning experience in road construction. Great crew and management. Not always some good working conditions depending on the weather. Friendly and respectful co-workers. It is by far my best working experience so far.
On the Job Training
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncton12 September 2014
• Provide Health and Safety leadership, guidance, and support to site specific projects
• Participate in the evaluation of the subcontractor Health and Safety Plans.
• Facilitate the JHSC and act as primary liaison between JHSC and management
• Contribute to a positive work environment through active participation in developing and delivering employee recognition and social events
• All other duties as assigned
Pros
Good People
Cons
Could not hire me
salary and benefits were appreciated
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 February 2014
Overall my experience within the City of Moncton Corporation were very positive and allowed me grow by learning new skills and experiences. Unfortunately the room for advancement was limited for many years and it was difficult to have my voice heard. The salary and benefits were an extremely appreciated part of the latter part of my career. I've always enjoyed working with others and have made many friends along the way.
Pros
Benefits and fair salary increases.
Cons
Unfair treatment and being overlooked.