City of Mississauga Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn in
Records Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2019
The city operates in a very collaborative team environment with a lot of support from direct team leads and management. I learned a lot about AS400 system, HR administration work, SAP and Success Factors during my 5 years of work in such a positive environment.
great team and fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2019
I was there for my coop term so i did not have all the perks but it seemed like a really cool place and i enjoyed my time there. SInce its a government job there weren't many team parties but the work load was very reasonable.
Pros
great team and gym
Cons
Not many team parties
building operator
Facility Operator Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2019
junior building operator for 4 years, learned how to strip and wax floors, took swimming pool readings nightly reported any concerns to full time staff, took part in staff swimming pool basic taring. Wish I could have taking part in more course to help me get full
Pros
enjoyed my time working for the city
Cons
can't get back into the city for permint employment.
Bureaucratic workplace
Ward 9 Councillor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2018
Good benefits, steady workload, regular office hours, team building programs, learning opportunities but no room for movement or promotion as there are requirements for very specific skills for allot of the positions.
Pros
Steady Government Job
Cons
Lack of creativity
Very static.
Transit Infrastructure Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2018
A typical day consisted of reviewing/compiling excel files for a detailed account of infrastructure needs in regards to the busing system. Pictures and measurements along with recommendations of infrastructure also happened on a near daily occurrence.
Amazing place and amazing people
Youth Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2018
Everything about the city is great. They make sure that their employees are happy and have a understanding of what they are supposed to be doing at all times
Great experience.
Student Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2018
The City was a wonderful place to start my professional work experience as a planner as the staff were really helpful and the work was a combination of planning and data collection.
Productive & Fun Place To Work
Full-Time Temp (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2018
Fantastic hours and benefits. Great people to work with. Enjoyed working outdoor. The company was fair and understood family life and work life balance.
Great for people who love outdoors
Parks and Forestry City of Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2018
This job is great if you like working outdoors and enjoy working with various people on large teams. There is a great deal of manual labour involved. So if you are looking to work with your hands for a great employer this would be it.
Amazing work culture
Facilities Management, Operator Class III (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2018
Hard to get ahead in the City unless you have connections for advancement. Other than that it is a great place to work with great people. Not much expected of you, as long as you do the minimum required.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Nepotism, Poor opportunities.
Work as layson with Payroll Manager
Senior Corporate Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
Payroll manager was working on upgrade to add SAP on to PeopleSoft so I was doing her job oversee payroll department day to day functions such run edits report mane changes to various report calculate Omers payment for fire fighters
Productive and fun workplace.
Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK3 September 2018
Very inviting and fun work place. It is very professional and an enjoyable place to work at. I learned about time management as well as quality customer service skills.
Productive and fun place
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
Typically relaxed day at work. I learnt ASP.NET and C# and gained experience in it. Helpful colleagues and grat teammates. I had very little knowledge about ASP.NET and C# and with helpful colleagues, I easily picked up.
Amazing and supportive staff
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
Work is really fun, not very stressful. I have learned to manage my time wisely, as well as program plan for campers to have the most amount of fun at camp.
Pros
Little stress
Fun place to work with
School crossing guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2018
Good Job, supervision, fun place to work with.
Safety and security for school kids and elders.
Happy to interac with different people.
Good timings and support and seasonal vacations.
Pros
Free equipments for work
Cons
n/a
Productive and Exciting Environment
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2018
I really enjoyed volunteering there, they taught me my position well and I understood the position and everything that was asked of me. I learned about how to care for the kids and how to provide good customer service to the children and their parents.
Really nice place to work
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2018
The hours are regular so you always know what to expect. Because of all the training, you had to go through before being able to receive this job, I was 100% prepared for what was expected of me. My superiors were great and fun to work with it.
good experience
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
good place to gain experience and learn more, take something out of it, good job to meet people in a field you want to be in and good benefits overall good
Awesome first job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
This was a great place to work, coworkers made the job fun. It was very rewarding to teach swimming lessons as well.
Management was helpful and kind too.
Pros
breaks, awesome coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
A lot of time spent in the water, you're responsible for finding someone to cover your shift
Good place for students or anyone looking for a part-time job
Assistant Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
The City of Mississauga provides its volunteers and employees with a fun and welcoming atmosphere to work in and ensures that everyone completes their task accordingly.
Pros
Relaxed Athmosphere
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Mississauga. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5