City of Mississauga Employee Reviews

Very static.
Transit Infrastructure Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2018
A typical day consisted of reviewing/compiling excel files for a detailed account of infrastructure needs in regards to the busing system. Pictures and measurements along with recommendations of infrastructure also happened on a near daily occurrence.
Great experience.
Student Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2018
The City was a wonderful place to start my professional work experience as a planner as the staff were really helpful and the work was a combination of planning and data collection.
Productive & Fun Place To Work
Full-Time Temp (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2018
Fantastic hours and benefits. Great people to work with. Enjoyed working outdoor. The company was fair and understood family life and work life balance.
Great for people who love outdoors
Parks and Forestry City of Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2018
This job is great if you like working outdoors and enjoy working with various people on large teams. There is a great deal of manual labour involved. So if you are looking to work with your hands for a great employer this would be it.
Amazing work culture
Facilities Management, Operator Class III (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2018
Hard to get ahead in the City unless you have connections for advancement. Other than that it is a great place to work with great people. Not much expected of you, as long as you do the minimum required.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Nepotism, Poor opportunities.
Work as layson with Payroll Manager
Senior Corporate Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
Payroll manager was working on upgrade to add SAP on to PeopleSoft so I was doing her job oversee payroll department day to day functions such run edits report mane changes to various report calculate Omers payment for fire fighters
Productive and fun workplace.
Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK3 September 2018
Very inviting and fun work place. It is very professional and an enjoyable place to work at. I learned about time management as well as quality customer service skills.
Productive and fun place
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
Typically relaxed day at work. I learnt ASP.NET and C# and gained experience in it. Helpful colleagues and grat teammates. I had very little knowledge about ASP.NET and C# and with helpful colleagues, I easily picked up.
Amazing and supportive staff
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
Work is really fun, not very stressful. I have learned to manage my time wisely, as well as program plan for campers to have the most amount of fun at camp.
Pros
Little stress
Fun place to work with
School crossing guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2018
Good Job, supervision, fun place to work with.
Safety and security for school kids and elders.
Happy to interac with different people.
Good timings and support and seasonal vacations.
Pros
Free equipments for work
Cons
n/a
Productive and Exciting Environment
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2018
I really enjoyed volunteering there, they taught me my position well and I understood the position and everything that was asked of me. I learned about how to care for the kids and how to provide good customer service to the children and their parents.
Really nice place to work
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2018
The hours are regular so you always know what to expect. Because of all the training, you had to go through before being able to receive this job, I was 100% prepared for what was expected of me. My superiors were great and fun to work with it.
good experience
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
good place to gain experience and learn more, take something out of it, good job to meet people in a field you want to be in and good benefits overall good
Awesome first job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
This was a great place to work, coworkers made the job fun. It was very rewarding to teach swimming lessons as well.
Management was helpful and kind too.
Pros
breaks, awesome coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
A lot of time spent in the water, you're responsible for finding someone to cover your shift
Good place for students or anyone looking for a part-time job
Assistant Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
The City of Mississauga provides its volunteers and employees with a fun and welcoming atmosphere to work in and ensures that everyone completes their task accordingly.
Pros
Relaxed Athmosphere
Great organization
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2018
Great organization that allows workers to grow and network. Provides a lot of great experiences to help with real life issues and helps make new friends. Overall a great organization.
Awesome!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2018
Great pay, hours and management. Always room to grow and advance as there are many different positions. Friendly environment, great benefits and awesome teams.
Love my job, hate the politics
Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2018
I have worked for the city for almost 5 years and in that in that time the amount of bureaucratic nonsense I have dealt with is insane. The upper management is only concerned with attending meetings and looking busy and they do not care about the front end staff. That being said I do love my actual job. There is never a dull moment and I am allowed to be very creative and relatively free. It just hard to know that there is almost a 0% chance that I will ever have a full time position there or be supported when attempting to move up.
Provides valid experience however sometimes inconsiderate
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2018
Generally good place to work however you can get lost in the cracks if you are in first year. Love the program, children, supervisors, etc. The amount of trainings are ridiculous but it definitely helps in responding to accidents/incidents
Pros
excessive training, open to comments
Cons
short staff sometimes
Great Community
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
This was more of a community involvement position. It gave a great sense of wealth in giving back to the community and truly making you feel like you were making a difference.
Pros
Wages