Low Wages, Poor Leadership, Stagnant
Fitness Leader (Former Employee) – Medicine Hat, AB – 16 March 2019
If you’re a diligent, forward-thinking individual, don’t waste your time working at the Family Leisure Centre (FLC). However it could be the perfect job if you enjoy socializing; just don’t expect to gain experience or advance your career.
- enhanced job title and job description. Fitness Leader = greet members and clean; you won't be responsible for much personal or group fitness
- don’t expect similar opportunities as co-workers
- minimal growth and development my management to improve the functioning of the team and the facility
The City of Medicine Hat – and therefore the FLC – operates in a very inefficient and unfair manner.
- hiring process takes months
- low wages and paper timesheets
- multiple temporary employees replace a full-time position
- shift times and hours vary considerably, inhibiting a second job
The City does a terrible job of promoting the FLC and any qualified individuals they employee, so get comfortable with an unsatisfactory position or find a different place to work!
Free membership (unofficially).
Low wage, inconsistent hours, out-of-date, unsupportive, cold workplace.