City of Markham Employee Review

View all City of Markham reviews

Productive and Safe Workplace, Awful Social Environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 January 2014
As a lifeguard, I would arrive 15 minutes early, ready myself in uniform with first-aid supplies and would go through 15 minute rotations (with a break of the same amount of time every hour) throughout my lifeguarding shift. The pool and deck would then be cleared of ropes and toys, as well as closed and locked before all employees left. Here, I first started developing lifeguarding and teaching skills, such as how to make lessons fun and safe, as well as proper patron surveillance and first-aid techniques. The senior management was largely supportive and helpful, but the junior management and co-workers were not. They would be largely critical and disrespectful, and would make any new employees such as myself feel as they did not belong and were terrible at their jobs. This made the hardest part coming to and preparing for work, and the best part leaving it at the end of the day.
Pros
Supportive supervisors and senior management team
Cons
Disrespectful junior supervisors and staff members

Other City of Markham Employee Reviews

Challenging
Supervisor of Forestry (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 May 2018
There were some great people and professionals who are passionate about their fields of practise.
Benefits were great, hours of work were very good and there are many great potentials.
Fun and good experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 May 2018
At this job you meet many new people. Lifeguards work as a team to complete tasks. Friendly environment and the City of Markham provides flexible hours for students.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
boring at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Markham. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2