City of Markham

City of Markham Employee Reviews for Instructor

Teaching learn to skate was an enjoyable experience, and I learned a great deal from all of the staff that l worked under. Teaching learn to skate overall was a great experience, and I enjoyed it fully.
Was able to develop my leadership and communication skills while working with understanding and helpful individuals. It was an overall helpful and enjoyable experience
Learned leadership Hardest part: controlling all the kids Most enjoyable: working with kids Flexible hours Great management Limited hours per day (usually in the evening)
Loved working for the city of Markham and plan to continue to do so. It was a great environment with a great group of people, especially the bosses, would highly recommend this job to others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
- teaching children to skate was the primary task - weekly lesson plans were to be administered - I learned how to deal professionally with clients (parents) - I learned to fill out paperwork and be organized - the most enjoyable part of this job was the actual teaching part and creating relationships with the kids. It was extremely fun!
I love my job there, the staff are really nice. I love dealing with different people and different age. So a perfect job for me.
Its a good environment if you love working with kids and like interacting with open people.
Pros
50% discount on Toronto Raptors, Maple Leafs, Blue Jays and FC home games.