City of Maple Ridge

City of Maple Ridge Employee Reviews

So much opportunity at the City of Maple Ridge. Recent growth has resulted in the hiring of some great leaders with a vision for the future. It’s an exciting time of change to work here
The city of Maple Ridge offers fantastic opportunity to those seeking to improve their personal and professional life. I would recommend this city to others looking for employment.
I have always looked forward to going to work. I feel that I have learned a lot from working for the city of Maple Ridge. My coworkers and myself always work productively together.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Such a great place to be, if I didn't need to make more money I wouldn't leave. Everyone is so nice and caring there and there is a ton of room for advancement. The hardest part of the job is the random hours
Friendly inviting environment. Always willing to help each other out. Would highly recommend. Good work hours. Great work life balance. Lots of variety and opportunities to grow and learn
Recreation Based Youth Work. Good team dynamic. No opportunity to grow as managers are rotated amongst themselves and are unwilling to allow fresh perspectives or ideas.
Pros
Good Team Dynamic
Cons
Low pay for thankless job.
My time duration contract was misleading as it stated one year and now they may be letting me go from my position 4 months early. There is open communication within the Parks Department. Management is approachable at all levels. Co-workers are pleasant and fun. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
work day ends at 3:30pm
Cons
No permanent, full time positions
the City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with a refined support system for their employees. They encourage continuous learning and make it easily accessible to their employees. The hardest part of the job was determining what direction council envisioned which made it difficult to gauge the work load.