CITY OF LONDON Employee Review

View all CITY OF LONDON reviews

Excellent place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2014
On a typical day of work I would log in samples of wastewater samples from various stages in the treatment process. I would then perform analysis for suspended solids, total solids, volatile solids, pH and alkalinity on the days samples. The lab was very well managed and had a great work environment. While I mostly worked alone there were always other co-workers there to assist me if I needed help with something. I was also able to assist them with their workloads performing other types of analysis. The most difficult part of the job was time management. It took a lot of experience to figure out the timing of the different analysis and determine the order to do them in so as to maximize the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the atmosphere in the lab. It was always a friendly atmosphere but it was professional at the same time.

Other CITY OF LONDON Employee Reviews

Seasonal work, learned alot
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Working at the city of london was great! I learned alot about how our city is kept clean and who fixes our citys problems. The people i worked with was an amazing group of full-time employees and seasonal workers like myself.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Waking up at 4 to start a 5-1 shift
Productive and fun workplace environment
Temporary Labourer- Exeter Road Yard (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
I learned to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals. Public service provided me with the skills to interact with the community positively. Time management was a must especially when posing Health and Safety Risks such as replacing manholes, sidewalk and road replacement, pothole filling. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks