City of Lethbridge

City of Lethbridge Employee Reviews

Fun crew to work with easy going layer back. Willing to help, team atmosphere.Although the bus division is going away in a month it was a pleasure working there
Avoid this toxic Organization at all costs. Some Depts (not all) have the highest rates of Employee harassment claims, law suits, mental health counseling and bullying in AB! HR IS A JOKE! Every last one in that Dept should be fired on the spot. Worst Depts are Public Works, Development Service’s & Building Inspection
Hard-working environment with great people to work with. A positive atmosphere with a meaningful impact on the community. With some days harder than others, you are still left wanting to return the next day.
I loved every minute working for the city. Great group of people and being able to work outdoors all day, everyday was incredible. Great opportunity for summer students to make some money before returning to school in the fall. Would highly recommend this summer job to anyone.
If you say one thing you might get fired for it. there is no loyalty unless you been there for years and work full time. lots of room for permotions but hard to get
Great place for stability and long term. Some training but don’t expect job movement or to learn any different skills. Slow down and don’t expect much from anyone.
Typical Day at work: There is no such thing as a typical day at the Purchasing Department. Our workload depended entirely on the projects of the other departments. One minute you can casually be finishing up a project and then you receive a number or projects in different stages and they all need our input. Over the years I have seen many managers come and go so I have had to adjust to many different manners of managing. Some good and some not so good but I have learnt to work with all of them and work has remained fun. Hardest part of the job: We had one group of supervisors that had very explosive tempers and the manager just let it happen. Sometimes it seemed like he would set them up to fight. In all my years that was probably the hardest space in time. Most enjoyable part of the job: The most enjoyable part of my job was when I learnt LiveCycle and was able to make the forms. This was very hard as no one in the organization knew the program so I was on my own.
Pros
Recognition parties
Cons
Very political
Fast paced customer service environment. Internal and External customer service. Can be stressful at times but with independent and team work initiatives was thriving.
Pros
Helping and providing solutions to customers inquiries
Cons
Difficult customers
This was also a term position, I worked in the Inspection Department and knew most of the inspectors. I get along with everybody and had no problems there, however this was also a term position that I had applied for and I left.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
The City of Lethbridge is a great place to work. The Enmax center has flexible hours and great people to work with. There is always something different to do.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Currently not enough hours
good organization to work with flexible with needs and balance. some engagement and culture issues due to the public sector. Council not standing up for employees is quite difficult. Senior management doesn't always listen to needs and achievements.
benefits
Cons
isolation
The City of Lethbridge management and City Council focus upon maintaining a quality work force that will serve the needs of the community. Employees are constantly being trained and upgraded to improve their skill level.
Pros
Numerous career opportunities/good pay/ good benifits
Cons
Like a routine, i know what is happing. Looking to acquire knowledge. and invest monies. Find new friends and coffee acquaintances. New challenges and skills.
The City of Lethbridge is a great place to work. There are many opportunities to advance and the pay is excellent for someone with minimal education. They will give the training you need as well as any training you ask for. I received my class 3Q drivers license through them as well as received skid steer training.
I am a strong team builder with a great sense of how to navigate different types of relationships in the work place. I have a positive attitude and bring morale to the best possible level while remaining efficient and effective in Customer Service.
co workers were awesome. taught me a lot and gained a lot of experience. would like to go back one day. also would like to further my education in recreation management.
Pros
experience
Cons
part time
Food and beverage operations in an Arena. WHL hockey team is the main tenant. Concerts, trade shows back fill the hockey schedule. Fun environment to work in. Pressure position, majority of the business is done in compressed periods of time
Pros
Slower times of the year affording time off
Cons
Long days on Event Days
Good Management the job is self contained you do it with no supervision adjust your hours to fit the need of the community Set up and tear down is your sole responsibility
Political and liars Too many bosses and they were not willing to do their jobs. They let people get away with illegal things. I was admittedly wrongfully dismisses
I found my work with the city interesting. Unfortunately it was only casual so I didn't get enough hours. I learned skills I hadn't had previously like dealing with cash and that was good.
Good environment Make drinks easy work Flexible hours understanding management overall great casual job only con is you don't get enough hours because events are limited
  1. Employee reviews