City of Leduc

City of Leduc Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Positive and friendly community.

The only reason I left this awesome job was to relocate for family. My time spent working as a Lats handybus operator for the City of Leduc will be greatly missed.

Low moral

Very low moral. Management does very little to help unless you’re in their click. Working conditions are very stressful but the pay is good. Run away.

straight forward

To be a custodian for LRC , you will have to be very diligent in your task and fast and effective , overall the work steady and stable . You never run out of work .

Pros

friendly

Cons

hard work

Fun Workplace

Super Fun workplace and most of the time it honestly didn't feel like work your days went by super fast and the coworkers are great to work with highly suggest if you want a fast pace environment and a job that doesn't feel like a job apply there.

Facility maintenance

Extremely uneducated management , great salary and very little work to do. Management doesn't do their job so it's pretty well a free for all. Terrible place to work if your an honest person.

Pros

Big cash

Cons

Everything else

Ability to take courses to advance my career in aquatics

• Maintained and controlled aquatic operations • Reacted to emergency situations and took the lead when necessary • Delegated to, empowered, and clarified roles and responsibilities within my team • Trained, supported, and assessed part time staff • Instructed aqua-fit classes and lessons for youth, adults, seniors, and special needs • Lifeguarded to the highest standard • Ordered and purchased specific facility supplies • Scheduled staff, conducted interviews • Developed a diverse hard-working team • Responsible for supporting the Operations Coordinator and responding to guest concerns & feedback • Client and public relations • Strong organizational skills • Effectively lead in a safety sensitive position • Oversaw 50+ casual employees to ensure high quality deliverance of programs • Planned, created, & facilitated aquatic in-services position in a fast paced environment • Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail, and Google Docs • Initiative to complete and create tasks • Interpersonal communication

Good work life balance

Good place to work if you want an even paced job. Management was okay. Higher management was better than lower management. Overall I learned a lot on the job about machinery.

Great

Great place to work flexible hours greet staff provided uniforms competitive pay working alone and with others always room for advancement many fields so can transfer makes it easier if ur not happy

self directed, independent work

It was a casual position to help with census in the city. Management was good, no issues. Mostly an independent job, self motivation is key. Try to work at your own pace, but still be flexible with your availability.

Pros

create your own hours

Cons

n/a

Awesome place to work

busy days, great management, learnt lots of skills, workplace culture was fun and supportive, long days were a part but rewarding, there are always new skills to learn and ways to improve yourself and your career.

Great atmosphere, great management, friendly staff, amazing working conditions

I started here as a RAP student out of high school and this company has taught me so much and gave me an incredible amount of experience that I otherwise never would of got. Highly recommended.

Pros

Monthly staff BBQ, Friendly staff, Wide variety of experience

Cons

Nothing to complain about

Excellent team players with health and wellness program

With the Engineering Department, waste management calls and e-mail was significant in the morning and throughout the day, with special attention to customer service. I learned new computer programs, such as Travis (truck route management for weight and over-sized vehicles travelling within Leduc City. I was also responsible for entering in the database new residential waste/recyclable receptacles through IssueTrac. I also took a course on Records Management, and e-filing during my tenure. I was also responsible for Cemetery documents, The most difficult part of my job was dealing with families after a death in the family and making cemetery/burial arrangements. The most enjoyable part of my job, was being a part of team, and the opportunity to enter into competitions for physical fitness goals.

Friendly and welcoming atmosphere

I truly enjoyed my practicum with the City of Leduc, the staff was extremely welcoming! I loved that my days were busy and I always had tasks to complete. I learned so much about water distribution, fire hydrants, and the iperl water meters.

Pros

10 hour days 4 days a week

good job

it is a good job but I didn't have a license for parks and and public worx positions but they are unionized now so the pay must be better by now

Pros

interacting with the public

Cons

never got a raise in the 5 years i ihave worked there

pay v. happiness

the pay is unbelievable, as are the benefits, unfortunately that's how they make up for management. You need a very thick skin to work here, rig work was less stressful. The old boys club runs supreme and shows no sign of slowing

Pros

the paycheque

Cons

inept management