CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Review

View all CITY OF KITCHENER reviews

Great place to work but not very challenging
Arena Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2014
I would open the building around 5:30 am. Check and make sure the ice had been resurfaced. If not I would resurface it. I would then check and see if the dressing rooms are cleaned. I would clean the bathrooms and clean up any garbage lying around along with emptying the garbage cans. People would then be assigned dressing rooms and keys.
The water pressure readings must be taken every two hours and equipment must be checked and constantly maintained.
Cash was handled for rentals and stock updated. Security of the building was involved on a daily basis and customer complaints were taken care of. Maintenance of the landscape surrounding the building in winter and summer was required.
I learned about how to handle people and deal with various ages and personalities. I also learned how to operate machinery of various sorts and how to resurface the ice properly to keep it safe and operational.
Management was friendly and listened well to complaints. Staff were fun to work with and always helpful.
The hardest part of the job irregularity of shifts.
he most enjoyable part of my job was driving the ice resurfacer and working with my colleagues.
Pros
Easy, fun job
Cons
Low pay and not very challenging.

Other CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Reviews

Great place to work for Lifeguards
Lifeguard and Aquatics instructor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 April 2018
Friendly management, opportunities to gain hours and move up as a Head Guard, fun atmosphere. Snack days and fun in-services made the culture enjoyable. Work hard play hard mentality.
Good all around job
Trail maintainer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 March 2018
Good experience overall with great benefits, employers,employees and equipment. Organized with lots of knowledge and training provided for each task they perform.