CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Review

View all CITY OF KITCHENER reviews

Great work place
Building Maintenance ( Part Time ) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2012
I enjoy my partime work with this company my co workers are great and management is easy to deal with. The best part of my job is cleaning floors.

Other CITY OF KITCHENER Employee Reviews

Good all around job
Trail maintainer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 March 2018
Good experience overall with great benefits, employers,employees and equipment. Organized with lots of knowledge and training provided for each task they perform.
Good balance in the public service
Anon (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2018
There are many positive and negative aspects to working in the public service. The City of Kitchener is a very innovative environment but management who are not held accountable really hold the best of the employees back in bureaucratic process.

The worst are the employees are kept on board due to their affiliation with the unions and are along for basically a free ride.

The best part of the job is serving so many excellent staff members but watch out for the grumpy old timers who should have left when they had a chance.

There are no opportunities for advancement in the city as their is always a tendency to hire from within management or from the outside so don't expect to get rewarded for your hard worked and earned career. You will be overlooked and undervalued. If you can find joy and value in what you do you'll survive otherwise strongly consider other areas if you have an aggressive career plan.
Pros
Good work hours with above average total compensation
Cons
Environment resistant to change and only average pay