City of Kitchener, ON

City of Kitchener, ON Employee Reviews

Canada68 reviews
Great experience!
It was great experience though very short stint, team was approachable and helpful. I was given one day training.Most of the time it was coordination and documentation
Great leadership and a collaborative place to work. The culture here is well planned and followed. Respect and kindness are the foundation of what make City of Kitchener a great place to work.
Decent Teenage Job
Typical life-guarding job.
Position included teaching swimming lessons and guarding public and lane swims.

Staff were great to work around.

Wage is minimum and could be better.
Very productive
• Provide support and maintenance for in-house computer systems, including carrying out diagnosis, upgrade, repairs, maintenance, and installation of all equipment and hardware devices, as well as ensuring top performance of workstation.
• Troubleshoot remote users' issues by applying remote monitoring and management software.

• Hands on experience with IMAC methodology and assisted break fix issues.

• Diagnosed and repaired hardware/software with desktops, notebooks, netbooks, monitors, end- user and tablets.

• Performed hardware and software support and installation.
Supportive and Flexible
Working for the City of Kitchener has been a wonderful experience so far. Not only are they a great employer they also maintain having the utmost respect and support for all who are employed by them. Working for the City has allowed me to grow as young individual looking to mold her future as well as balance my work life, without the support and flexibility of my employer I don't know that I would have achieved all that I have.
productive and easy going workplace
i was able to learn time management skills. Some days we would have to rush to get everything done, whereas, on other days the crew would have to go at a more slow pace to take up the full work day hours.
Amazing opportunities for personal and career growth
I have worked two jobs for the City of Kitchener. I could not be more proud of my home town government! It is the perfect place to work for all. Diversity matters here. Experience is experience as they say!
Poorly managed
For the task at hand, management did not provide the necessary staff or leadership to effectively tackle problems that arose. Very strange schedule, with little consideration given to workflow.
Awesome
i enjoyed working here, people are friendly, manager was great. I had a lot of fun teaching swimming lessons, as well as getting to know my fellow coworkers.
fast paced and engaging environment
The city of Kitchener pools are great places to work for high school students looking for a part time job with minimal and flexible hours, with benefits of cheap re certifications and a fairly high rate of pay. However, full time hours are not easily available and the course requirements for the job are expensive. This job is mostly a resume builder.
Great Place to Work
City of Kitchener is always looking for ways to improve their business and hire the best people. The city has great wellness program that all employees can take advantage of.
Fun workplace with lots of opportunity for extra hours.
Great place to work, friendly workers and great management. Lots of opportunity for extra hours if available. Some leeway on hours if you have another job or can't make the normally scheduled time.
Pros
Great management, friendly coworkers, fun environment.
Cons
Must have G license for full time
good workplace
an excellent place to work. it has benefits and the management is friendly and will accommodate any issues you may have. the work is required and is a safe workcplace
Great coworkers, salary and benefits
I love my job, and the people I work with! The salary is great, and so are the benefits. Management, however, is not so great. They tend to micromanage and play favourites. All in all, a great place to work though.
I worked with the city as a co-op student and as an employee, great work environment, pay and benefits. The work is rewarding and the employees are friendly.
Good place to volunteer.
I volunteered with children in summer camps for multiple years and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere the children had. Somewhat cliquey between the counsellors and volunteers, unfortunately.
Good coworkers, difficult clients
Because I was a camp leader I worked with children all summer long. The children were quite difficult despite the training I had but the coworkers made days bearable because the were fun and understanding.
Fun, hands on environment!
As a volunteer this was a very fun, and hands on environment. A great learning opportunity, as well it was meaningful to work in such a positive and charitable atmosphere where you can give back to the community.
Very good work culture
Loved my time at the city of Kitchener, was sad to go back to school after my Co-op. The engineering department was very supporting and always encouraged continual learning.
Good work place.
I worked here to help the homeless and old folks with food and setting there tables.. served them food then cleaned up after them! was an overall friendly place and a good spot to help out!.
Pros
Helping people.
Only part time
Pay was very low. Only 24 hrs/week. Shift was consistent but only evenings. Very hard to balance life/work with children in school. Never got to see them
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Evenings
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Kitchener, ON. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3