City of Kelowna

City of Kelowna Management reviews

Canada25 reviews

Clear

hourgreatcityworkingpeoplemanagementteamday

I'm retired but it was the best thing I have ever done job by applying for a job there. Some Gung ho management but overall no big deal if you do your job

Pros

Benefits, hours and pay

Cons

Can't think of any

Stressful

Poor management communication and promotion/advancement is strictly based on Seniority no matter what they tell you; Constantly hire over qualified people who move on to bigger and better things whilst average employees get promotions for sticking it out long enough for there Seniority to kick in, ultimately creating a breeding ground of mediocrity.

Insights into City of Kelowna

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fun and positive work environment

Really awesome workplace and people, but had to maintain set hours as I am only part time. The management team is always positive and encouraging personal and professional growth.

Pros

Helpful Coworkers

Cons

Not enough hours available

Good

Enjoyed working with team members, serving the community. No complaints of facilities, management, coworkers nor residents who attended events in Kelowna.

Not a family supportive place to work.

I was a temp employee in the finance dept. I had been there for two months, however, I had a daycare situation and I could not come into work due to the daycare closing down, I was in a real predicament being a single parent. I advised work of situation and then management wrote me up a bad review which was sent to Human Resources. To say the least, I was never called again for any temp positions. If you have children, don't apply here as they will not be supportive or understanding.

Pros

Waterfront

Cons

Heavy workload

organizing the annual provincial seniors' games

Fast paced environment, very demanding, long hours but very rewarding and much fun. Management were great and accommodating. Volunteers were recruited to help and maintaining steady help was difficult but not impossible. Trying to accomplish all duties into one day resulted in long hours because of the pressure to put the games on in time. Once the games were underway and awards given at the end, it was very rewarding to see everything worked out superb.

Pros

beautiful banquet dinners

Cons

lomg hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Kelowna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare City of Kelowna with

City of Kelowna reviews by location

Learn about City of Kelowna in popular locations