City of Kelowna
View all City of Kelowna reviews

City of Kelowna

City of Kelowna Employee Review

Not a family supportive place to work.

I was a temp employee in the finance dept. I had been there for two months, however, I had a daycare situation and I could not come into work due to the daycare closing down, I was in a real predicament being a single parent. I advised work of situation and then management wrote me up a bad review which was sent to Human Resources. To say the least, I was never called again for any temp positions. If you have children, don't apply here as they will not be supportive or understanding.

Pros

Waterfront

Cons

Heavy workload

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

People that I work with were great. Management was dismissive, mimimizing and condescending

There is very little advancement in the organization. Because of the union environment there is no recognition for individual performance and no opportunity for remuneration

Stressful

Poor management communication and promotion/advancement is strictly based on Seniority no matter what they tell you; Constantly hire over qualified people who move on to bigger and better things whilst average employees get promotions for sticking it out long enough for there Seniority to kick in, ultimately creating a breeding ground of mediocrity.

Fun place to work

It is lots of fun to work for the City of Kelowna. They are very organized, pay exceptionally well, and explain everything in an easy and professional manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Kelowna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare City of Kelowna with

City of Kelowna reviews by location

Learn about City of Kelowna in popular locations

• City of Kelowna
  • Not a family supportive place to work.