CITY OF KELOWNA Employee Reviews

Good
Contract Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 May 2018
Enjoyed working with team members, serving the community.

No complaints of facilities, management, coworkers nor residents who attended events in Kelowna.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 May 2018
Working for the city of Kelowna had a positive impact on all areas of life. Wage and hours and benefits are second to none coupled with a solid retirement package .
Pros
professional
Cons
connatty
Fun workplace with many different job options.
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 February 2018
working for the city provides me with many job options. This way, I can pick what I enjoy and am best suited for. I have learned more leadership skills for working independently as well as with a team.
Nice Organization
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 September 2017
Ordering supplied and logistics for Fire Department
Scheduling supply shipments to work locations
working with vendors and customers
dealing with public
reporting
Not a great place
Customer Service Representative of sorts (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 June 2017
I prefer not to disparage the organization with a description of the manner in which I have been treated. I am sure not all of the departments within this organization treat people in the same manner.
Amazing culture, focus on employee engagement and appreciation
First Aid Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 October 2016
A great organization with priorities in employee well-being and range of programs for education incentives, return to work programs, and catering to disabilities.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
good
Skating patrol (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 August 2016
easy going good hours and the manager was vary friendly enjoyed working there the hole time i was there. good place to work
Not a family supportive place to work.
Accounts Receivable Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 March 2016
I was a temp employee in the finance dept. I had been there for two months, however, I had a daycare situation and I could not come into work due to the daycare closing down, I was in a real predicament being a single parent. I advised work of situation and then management wrote me up a bad review which was sent to Human Resources. To say the least, I was never called again for any temp positions. If you have children, don't apply here as they will not be supportive or understanding.
Pros
Waterfront
Cons
Heavy workload
Great experience to have had
Machine Operator, Concerete Layer, Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 December 2015
Got to work with a great crew and learned new things. Had great benefits, loved being on the machine, enjoyed various shift changes, enjoyed having the overtime
My co-workers were great
Utility maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 September 2015
Working for the city gave me the opportunity to get my DZ drivers licence. I gain a lot of experience with machinery and construction in sewer, water and drainage system.
worked as an admin assistant
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 July 2015
Great place to work. I was a casual worker so I had the chance to work at the Landfill, City Yards, Waste Water Treatment plant, City Hall, the Parks department. Best place to work for me was at the Landfill because they have a fun loving crew out there.
Pros
Great work place balance
Cons
Don't have any cons
organizing the annual provincial seniors' games
Office Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 December 2014
Fast paced environment, very demanding, long hours but very rewarding and much fun. Management were great and accommodating. Volunteers were recruited to help and maintaining steady help was difficult but not impossible. Trying to accomplish all duties into one day resulted in long hours because of the pressure to put the games on in time. Once the games were underway and awards given at the end, it was very rewarding to see everything worked out superb.
Pros
beautiful banquet dinners
Cons
lomg hours
One of my favourite annual writing contracts
Freelance writer/photographer for local (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 October 2014
This is an annual contract I get each Spring to write up the awards show for the Kelowna Civic Awards. I'm given about 10 pages of information on each finalist and have to create a 100 word summary that is entertaining and informative enough that people can sit through listening to all 66 of them without getting bored.
Recreation
Recreation (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 January 2014
Organized and managed client responsibility as well as facilitated all responsibilities related to planning and marketing of performance based instruction
great place to be
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 May 2013
every day is different, still learning, nice co-workers,You have to be alert all the time. You be most of the time on yourself, no supervision
Pros
free bbq, you get every tool you need to do the job
Cons
long hours, 7 day a week