City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

Good work environment
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 December 2013
Worked as a construction inspector responsible for road cuts. I was on the road all day every day following around a construction crew recording materials used for repairs to the road. I learned good organization skills as I did over 3000 different road cuts over an eight month period. My managers were very helpful and patient with me. My co-workers were always there to help me when I needed assistance and they also made the day go by faster. The hardest part of my job was keeping all the paperwork organized. The most enjoyable part of my job was being outside all day and not sitting at a desk.

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

Every day is different, alwasys new and repeat issues. Makes for interesting job
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 April 2018
My day to day duties include dealing with patrons, general public on program inquiries, returning emails, scheduling, data entry and coordinating specials.
Pros
interesting, challenging
Cons
mostly complaints
There is a lot of turnover because they are disorganized.
Planner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2018
The management are short sighted and do not want to invest in long term growth and development of employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the support from co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3