City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

Interesting, fun working environment
Tobacco Test Shopper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2013
A typical day at work would include accompanying my supervisor and possibly other Test Shoppers to various locations with in the City of Hamilton, attempt to purchase tobacco, write and communicate my observations to my supervisor and fill out reports as required. While on the Job I am responsible for paying close attention to detail (appropriate signage, appearance of store and clerks).
I have learned how to troubleshoot, organize, and communicate my observations. My co-workers are great people to work with; very friendly and work well together. The hardest part of the job is constantly writing in a small space. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience; not a lot of people have this job and it's great because I am always in a different situation, learning new things.
Pros
Very fair wage
Cons
Not a fair amount of hours available

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

Every day is different, alwasys new and repeat issues. Makes for interesting job
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 April 2018
My day to day duties include dealing with patrons, general public on program inquiries, returning emails, scheduling, data entry and coordinating specials.
Pros
interesting, challenging
Cons
mostly complaints
There is a lot of turnover because they are disorganized.
Planner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2018
The management are short sighted and do not want to invest in long term growth and development of employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the support from co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3