City of Hamilton Employee Review

View all City of Hamilton reviews

clean it shine it look at it again!
cleaner/home support worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON 16 July 2013
catch the bus at 7 am off to clients home get their knock or punch in apartment number say who I am make my way up or in their homes say hello and get the cleaning products and get to work after job is done ill check around to see if it needs to be done again, so I know I completed the job right!

what i have learned from this job is to have more patients to communicate more , better myself for another job, experiencing new jobs , how to manage time better , to set an alarm hour before you get up for work, be on time!

management , leader, motivate and take on different responsibilities everyday.

honestly i got along with all my co-workers since i am a peoples person i love talking and meeting new people so its not hard for me to get along with people, I been working at helping hands and all the co-workers their who I met in the past 6 months they are all great people!

the hardest part of the job i cant think of any at all right now i liked this job it kept me busy and on my feet

the most enjoyable part of the job is waking up every morning and knowing I am going to put a smile on someone's face after I leave their homes and knowing that their in a clean environment and getting out and its also great exercise to !

Pros
keeping busy
Cons
not doing anything

Other City of Hamilton Employee Reviews

Every day is different, alwasys new and repeat issues. Makes for interesting job
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 April 2018
My day to day duties include dealing with patrons, general public on program inquiries, returning emails, scheduling, data entry and coordinating specials.
Pros
interesting, challenging
Cons
mostly complaints
There is a lot of turnover because they are disorganized.
Planner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2018
The management are short sighted and do not want to invest in long term growth and development of employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the support from co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3