City of Guelph, ON

City of Guelph, ON Culture reviews

Working here was fulfilling, enjoyable, fun and provided worthwhile experience. I loved my co workers, the work itself was very enjoyable and related to my career goals!
I have worked for the city of Guelph as a lifeguard for almost 2 years and have been more than satisfied with the job. All deck supervisors have been fantastic in supporting current as well as new staff. There is plenty of support when needed. I had the pleasure of having excellent co workers throughout my career with the City of Guelph.
Pros
Great pay, enjoyable job
Cons
Difficult to find coverage
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management
Love my job, safety is first in this workplace, very positive culture, promising pay rise according to annual performance, good benefits and secured job
Great place to work, nice people. Great for students in the summer! I really enjoyed my interactions with coworkers in similar titles to me. Management was always kind and reasonable.
I enjoyed performing the daily tasks as the employees were very nice and fun to work with. The customers were very understanding and followed the rules of the facility, thus making our job much easier.
Really great culture at the City of Guelph. I really enjoyed my time there and would go back in an instant if the opportunity was right. No work from home, though.
Cons
Only short-term contract offered
Working with the City of Guelph has many positive benefits. Specifically within the Aquatics department, the work-life balance is great, and staff are always kind and welcoming. Overall, it is a FUN place to work at!
The culture from 2014 -2017 changed. Hard to get promoted within. Most people are miserable working there and a lot of people have left in the last few years. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay positive in a negative environment. The pay and benefits are great. Exit interviews are now done electronically. I am assuming they can't keep up with the turn around.
I learned a fair bit when I was there and meet some nice people I enjoyed getting out on the road out of the office management was ok easy to deal with can be dirty no overtime
Pros
people
Cons
money
There is great opportunity to learn at this organization. The benefits are great. The staff are wonderful. It is a great place to start your career journey.
Hours run 7-3 Learned many ins and outs of the municipal water system Good Management Fun workplace culture Accommodating Adjusting to the job and hours of work was the hardest part Stable and consistent pay was the most enjoyable part
Pros
Free coffee at staff meetings
Cons
N/a
Friendly environment good place to have a lengthy career. Salary and benifits are competitive with other Municipalities. Management style is not stressful.
Pros
Flexible work hours
My time at the City of Guelph was very interesting and challenging. I enjoyed working with a team that strives to be the best that they could be. The interaction between colleagues was encouraging and rewarding.
Pros
Job security
Cons
limited flexibility
I can't be a good judge since only did a placement there. I liked the work culture since people in each department seem to support each other very well however all my supervisors spent most of the day at work, beyond the 9-5.
A typical day being a camp counsellor for the City of Guelph allowed me to assist with programming including preplanning, set-up/take-down, implementing programs, active participation and evaluation. I worked within a group setting and learned many things while working here. It tested my patience while also allowing me to grow as a leader. There were many enjoyable parts of the job but my favourites had to be meeting new people while also allowing me to work in a faced pasted environment.
The city is a great place to work, a lot of great experiences can be had. Lots to learn if your eager. Great people to work with as well.
The City of Guelph is a fantastic place to work with very quality people and teamwork. Very valued organization led by a very capable senior management team.
Pros
Team work, capable leaders
Learned so much throughout the seasonal work every summer. Co-workers are great to work with no matter your age group. Everyone gets a long. The most enjoyable part of the job is being outside! It is a lot better than being stuck inside!
Pros
Outside!
Cons
Can't think of any right now...
The management is great! They really care about each and everyone of their students. I enjoyed working outdoors in the summer.
Productive and a great place to work, just need more income. I really like the job, like being a team player. Love to have happy and satisfied customers.
Pros
do my shifts in 4 days
Cons
have to get up in the middle of the night to come to work