City of Guelph, ON

City of Guelph, ON Employee Reviews for Laborer

Not a long term option unless you know people. The hourly staff are great, but the supervisors and management can be difficult to deal with and talk to.
I learned a fair bit when I was there and meet some nice people I enjoyed getting out on the road out of the office management was ok easy to deal with can be dirty no overtime
Pros
people
Cons
money
Hours run 7-3 Learned many ins and outs of the municipal water system Good Management Fun workplace culture Accommodating Adjusting to the job and hours of work was the hardest part Stable and consistent pay was the most enjoyable part
Pros
Free coffee at staff meetings
Cons
N/a
Learned so much throughout the seasonal work every summer. Co-workers are great to work with no matter your age group. Everyone gets a long. The most enjoyable part of the job is being outside! It is a lot better than being stuck inside!
Pros
Outside!
Cons
Can't think of any right now...
The management is great! They really care about each and everyone of their students. I enjoyed working outdoors in the summer.
I worked at the City of Guelph for one summer and the staff there are courteous and well organized. They treated me very well and were very professional with the training and hiring. I would recommend working for them any day.
Pros
consistent collaborative meetings with free food, great work environment, positive work team