City of Guelph, ON
City of Guelph, ON Employee Review

Street cleaning

4 February 2020
It was a great job. Obviously seasonal. But you just went out cleaned what your sections were. Washed the machine everyday after use. Then go home usually before 1 or 2pm. Boss was great,very approachable, easy to talk to. If you made a mistake or broke the machine by accident, it was merely repaired before your next shift.
4.0Job security/advancement
27 May 2016
Same roleSame location
Cleaner (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
Typical day is not typical. I thrive on the changes and helps to work with the great team that I am apart of. Whether its a minor task or a major project - The City has provided me with the skills to accomplish it in a timely and safe fashion. They have my back, as I do theirs.
Pros
Management and co-workers, work environment
Cons
Always have to be on my game in the public eye
14 January 2015
Same roleSame location
Cleaner (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
getting the option to move around with in the city to different places of work is a great thing, and being treated as a person and shown respect and encouragement to work to the best of my capabilities
15 April 2021
Same location
Sorter (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management