City of Guelph, ON
City of Guelph, ON Employee Review

Might well be the worst job you could imagine

28 March 2019
Instructing is a great job. With the city of guelph? You can do a lot better. Pay is as low as you'll get, you might wind up showing up to shifts that have been de-scheduled without your knowing, and the facilities suck. Just speaking from personal experience, but I'd strongly recommend avoiding this workplace at all costs.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor pay, lack of communication
11 May 2021
Same roleSame location
Lifeguard/Swim instructor (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I have worked for the city of Guelph as a lifeguard for almost 2 years and have been more than satisfied with the job. All deck supervisors have been fantastic in supporting current as well as new staff. There is plenty of support when needed. I had the pleasure of having excellent co workers throughout my career with the City of Guelph.
Pros
Great pay, enjoyable job
Cons
Difficult to find coverage
10 July 2018
Same roleSame location
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Worked with others my age, good community of parents and staff. Short and manageable shifts. Very good first job, some debate whether training required for the job is shown through the salary compared to other municipalities/ universities with the same job requirements.
15 April 2021
Same location
Sorter (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management
  1. Might well be the worst job you could imagine