City of Guelph, ON
City of Guelph, ON Employee Review

Fun and energetic Community

5 May 2019
Working as a skating instructor, I enjoyed working the same shifts every-week as it allowed for myself to easily balance work, volunteering, and school. My colleagues were all university students which made the experience extra enjoyable. The children are always fun and seeing their progress on the ice makes you proud.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Enjoyable experience
Cons
minimal hours
14 February 2016
Same roleSame location
Learn to Skate Instructor (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Made the job fun, and allowed us to use our creative sides when working with children. Allowed us to develop further skills in management and multitasking, while making sure we follow the guidelines.
Pros
works great with university
Cons
Not many hours
15 April 2021
Same location
Sorter (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management
20 January 2021
Same location
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Good atmosphere and excellent program co-ordinator. All equipment and training is provided by the city. Excellent position for someone who likes to work independently.
  1. Fun and energetic Community