City of Guelph, ON
City of Guelph, ON Employee Review

Enjoyable Workplace

19 November 2019
Working here was fulfilling, enjoyable, fun and provided worthwhile experience. I loved my co workers, the work itself was very enjoyable and related to my career goals!
3.0Job security/advancement
15 April 2021
Sorter (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management
20 January 2021
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Good atmosphere and excellent program co-ordinator. All equipment and training is provided by the city. Excellent position for someone who likes to work independently.
20 August 2020
Outdoor Maintenance (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
You will be paid decently for working with Guelph, but that’s about the only benefit. It’s an old school hierarchy, where the only opinions that matter are those at the top. If you’re a new or contract employee, you can expect to be asked to pick up the slack from lazy permanent workers. Don’t voice your opinions or concerns, because honestly nobody cares. Bosses will lie and tell you positive things are coming, however they never do. It’s a decent place to work short term.(Seasonal employment) Advancement & opportunity within is all about who you’re friends with, and has very little to do with qualifications.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment, management, lack of benefits