City of Guelph, ON
City of Guelph, ON Employee Review

Efficient and entertaining workplace with multiple sporting activities

25 February 2019
I enjoyed performing the daily tasks as the employees were very nice and fun to work with. The customers were very understanding and followed the rules of the facility, thus making our job much easier.
5.0Job security/advancement
18 September 2017
Same roleSame location
Market Square Attendant (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Pretty laid back but had to make sure no children were injured. Learned how to drive a Zamboni and proper maintenance of heating units. Management was very good and made it easy to work for. Workplace was full of good people that helped you get better everyday. Hardest part was schedule flexibility during the summer since I also played baseball at that time. Most enjoyable part was driving the Zamboni.
Pros
Zamboni, good work flexibility
15 April 2021
Same location
Sorter (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management
20 January 2021
Same location
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Good atmosphere and excellent program co-ordinator. All equipment and training is provided by the city. Excellent position for someone who likes to work independently.
  1. Efficient and entertaining workplace with multiple sporting activities