City of Guelph, ON
City of Guelph, ON Employee Review

Easy-going, fun atmosphere to work in

6 November 2019
As long as you show up and do your work, this is an easy, relaxing place to work. The hours are fantastic! A typical day in sports fields (for me) was repairing and prepping the ball fields for the next games.
3.0Job security/advancement
11 May 2021
Lifeguard/Swim instructor (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I have worked for the city of Guelph as a lifeguard for almost 2 years and have been more than satisfied with the job. All deck supervisors have been fantastic in supporting current as well as new staff. There is plenty of support when needed. I had the pleasure of having excellent co workers throughout my career with the City of Guelph.
Pros
Great pay, enjoyable job
Cons
Difficult to find coverage
15 April 2021
Sorter (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Sort recycling, I learn we need to be better at reusing human recycling regardless of the cost, Management was not good! Managers to manage management, then hire more managersCulture was really niceHardest part of the job was dealing with all the process of the union and the companyThe best thing about the job was feeling like you are making a difference, but really you are *$&# against the wind!
Pros
Pizza day, BBQs
Cons
Smell, lack of respect from management
20 January 2021
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Good atmosphere and excellent program co-ordinator. All equipment and training is provided by the city. Excellent position for someone who likes to work independently.
  1. Easy-going, fun atmosphere to work in