City of Greater Sudbury

City of Greater Sudbury Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews
Loved having some freedom working for the city. I was able to make executive decisions without a manager. My office was on wheels so I was never board.
Pros
freedom
Cons
shift work
A day is not typical because it changes depending on the different calls we get. I was trained in all aspects of fire training and rescue. I manage a crew of fire fighters at a occurrence who are trained to do their job. The hardest part of my job is to see someone injured. The most enjoyable part of this job is to not get hurt at a fire occurrence and to see crew members go home safely.
helped guest onto the lift,
help guest load onto lift

help unload guest
This is where my love for tinkering with Cars and Trucks came from without working with the people I did I would have never wanted to become a Mechanic
During my placement with Sudbury EMS I gained a lot of invulnerable experience. The people that I worked with were very instrumental in allowing me to learn how I could become a valuable member of the EMS team.
Was responsible for grass cutting as welll as other manual labour. Often was required to work with road department crews on road repair jobs. These included working as a flagman as well as filling in potholes and using machinery (water pump, tamper, lawn mower, hedge trimmer)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Greater Sudbury?