City of Greater Sudbury

City of Greater Sudbury Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

Greater Sudbury, ON60 reviews
I loved greeting the clients coming in for their appointments. The staff and team were wonderful to work with. Their smiles, genuine commitment to their work and caseloads is unsurpassed.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Chaotic work days
Alright content competitive friendly. The advancement in positions is scarce. Can't seem to get ahead to better yourself with other positions. Would like courses in studies to allow one to move up or advance in better position.
Loved having some freedom working for the city. I was able to make executive decisions without a manager. My office was on wheels so I was never board.
Pros
freedom
Cons
shift work
I've truly enjoyed my time with the City of Greater Sudbury. The only reason I am leaving is that my contract is up. It was a great work environment who offered a great job, flexibility, and good pay.
The management and workplace were very welcoming, we worked as a group in order to take on tasks quicker. The regreening program consisted of planting trees around greater sudbury as well as transplanting vegitation in order to add biodiversity to sudbury. I also did water sampleing in the lakes around greater sudbury as well as checked for blue green algae blooms in the water.
Pros
working as a team, welcoming environment, fair hours
Great exercise and get paid to forest bathe! Great supervisors, excellent remote experience really great age range and social group of employees. needs to be federally funded
It's a good job due to the benefits, pension and holidays.. but pay is well below current market, so your wife better have a good job to make ends meet.
Very Good company to work for as well the top paying job for this line of work. Very supportive team work always there when your in crisis. I would highly recommend this company
The interview was over the phone, payrate was competitive with other City's It was a challenging gardening environment that gave me experience and first hand learning. The Management were considerate and thoughtful. The level of coworker cooperation was good. Gardeners were at times working independently or together at a variety of jobsites covered by the Horticulture Dept. I feel if they had better quality starter annuals for their gardening needs it would have helped give them a better show in Northern Gardening. Because Gardeners have to apply for their job every year there's no guarantee of same employer.
Wonderful program. Helped a lot of people. Would be better if transportation met same hours as agency offering a warm place to hang out. More can still be done.
Unorganized management unable to agree with each other or city council.
Many Career firefighters unable to adapt to the volunteer firefighters coexistence on calls. So much red tape to get anything done, this statement applies to a diverse range of areas and depts.
the work that we did was very interesting land reclamation and it was super fun lot's of great people, all the staff there was amazing and i'd love to work there again!
Pros
great people and staff
Cons
long hours 10 hour days
My years at the City have prepared me for more challenging roles. I've learned a lot of transferable skills in the various positions I've held and gained experience I can utilize in a range of administrative positions.
Pros
Not micro-managed - able to work independently
Cons
Training in some areas
Great career to get into. Friendly and informative instructor's for your CZ. On the bus training. Learn your routes and organize you time accordingly.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, great coworkers (couldn't ask for any better!!)
Cons
Your circadian rythym well definitely go through some changes haha
This is good for high school students in grade 11s and above. Amazing Summer job for students. You get to enjoy the shifts and have children to play with.
I worked for the City of Greater Sudbury as a Assistant Pool Operator , teaching swimming lessons and lifeguarding. Was an amazing positive work environment.

I also worked as a Senior Playground supervisor, same great environment
Was only there temporarily to fill in for regular file clerk but overall was a pretty good work environment and the people were very nice to work with.
I worked for the city of Sudbury Ontario. I enjoyed working in the building service department, took many courses on building construction which led to my qualification as a building/plumbing inspector. very friendly place to work,.
Always a fun time. In-service done once a week, so we start a little late. Many great people to work with and become friends with. Flexible schedules even for full-time workers.
Pros
Tan
Cons
Farmers tan
Is a good job to start off, can be stressful and taxing at times. Sometimes understaffed but typically resolved within a few hours. Good co-workers, high expectations limited training.
The regreening program is an increadible part of Sudbury's environmental growth. Your typical day includes working with a crew of over twenty people in various forested regions in the city of Greater Sudbury. Duties rotate between tree planting, liming and forest floor transplant.