City of Greater Sudbury
City of Greater Sudbury Employee Review

On the go work environment

8 June 2020
Loved having some freedom working for the city. I was able to make executive decisions without a manager. My office was on wheels so I was never board.
Pros
freedom
Cons
shift work
10 April 2014
Same role
Relief Customer Service Rep. Enviro. Services (Former Employee) - Frobisher Depot
Seeing that this position is posted on the City's website CONTINUALLY throughout the year (watch for it!), should be a RED FLAG to anyone considering applying. Management in this department treats their employees with criticism and offers no team environment. You are not to ask anyone for help, they frown on that! You are left on your own to work 2 different positions at the same time! No one speaks to you, not even "Good Morning". Everyone keeps to themselves with no healthy, positive work environment. How does HR not see there is a problem here is beyond! Look at the turnover people!
20 January 2014
Same role
Relief Customer Services Rep. (Former Employee) - Frobisher
Environmental Services is the most depressing place in the world to work. The managers treat people like garbage and seem to think that it is ok.
A typical day at work is being told how you do everything wrong and being degraded by the managers. The only thing I learned is how NOT to treat people, the management there is horrible to everyone. The only light at the end of the tunnel was the other staff, who are just as miserable as everyone else. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the managers. I enjoyed dealing with the public and helping people.
28 July 2020
Same location
Kiosk Clerk (Current Employee) - Greater Sudbury, ON
Alright content competitive friendly. The advancement in positions is scarce. Can't seem to get ahead to better yourself with other positions. Would like courses in studies to allow one to move up or advance in better position.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Greater Sudbury. Our community is ready to answer.