City of Fort St. John Job security & advancement reviewsReview this company
Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 7 reviews
Job work-life balance
Administrative Assistant I - Auxiliary/On-Call (Former Employee) - City Hall - 30 September 2019
Indeed featured reviewThe most useful review selected by Indeed
Tasks are very redundant, dealing with disgruntled people every day in most positions, job security is good due to Union, benefits are awesome including paid sick days and paid vacation days, the City is supporting of those with children in terms of work/life balance however upper management often treats you different if you're younger and don't have children. Management is not good; due to the Union system/internal hiring a LOT of those in management positions are grandfathered in and don't actually posses leadership skills or appropriate training for a management position. You must look and act the part otherwise management will hassle you to "act appropriately" meaning they want you to be a robot like everyone else that works for the City. This place kills your joy but it's great for your financial security/future.
Was this review helpful?
See more jobs
Jobs at City of Fort St. John
See more City of Fort St. John reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort St. John. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question
Based on 7 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about City of Fort St. John
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at City of Fort St. John? What are the steps…2 people answered
- What benefits does City of Fort St. John offer?One person answered
- What is the interview process like at City of Fort St. John?One person answered
- I have been submitting resumes for this position multiple times but no response even after your resu…
- How many hours are typical for auxillary/on call administrator?