City of Fort Saskatchewan

City of Fort Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
good paying job with minimal work. I enjoyed all my coworkers. looks good on your resume. it was a very easy job as long as you have a good attitude..
Creating a great community begins with creating a great community within City Hall. A fabulous team of people to work with. Always new things to learn and do.
The City of Fort Saskatchewan has an amazing team feeling when working for them. My time spent at the City of Fort Saskatchewan was fantastic. Always felt supported, appreciated and valued as an employee!
There are well paid managers that simply shouldn't be in the position. Brilliant with budgets and spreadsheets, but short tempered, abusive to staff, toxic. They cannot lead. Forget about mentorship.
Public and staff are great to work with. The city has a lot to offer.

The work culture is very dependent on the manager. Know who you will be working for. There are some good people. Do your homework.
Pros
Wages, training and benefits. Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Some very poor managers.
I can't speak to the other departments, however, the mechanic shop was an excellent work environment with amazing mentors and staff. Very understanding of life issues and an excellent work life balance.
Place is a complete joke. Never seen so much deliberate a** kissing in my entire life. Bosses hand out jobs to friends like candy. No room to advance.
Pros
Ok wages
Cons
A** kissing/Favouritism
You get to help people and meet people and every day is a learning experience. There are different parts of the city you can work at and they are all fun.
Good place to work, if you can get a position with the city, you'll be glad you applied. I learned how to work and deal with the public with this position so I'm happy.
Worked with The City of Fort Saskatchewan while I was in high school through the R.A.P. Program. I had an amazing experience with them and learned a lot from their talented mechanics
great place to be and work a bit congested with very rapid growth.
medium size city with out all the big city issue. great recreation faculties and arts
Stayed true to their motto - work, play, fun, engaged. I don't regret working there for a moment..I grew lots in my time there and wish everyone there the best of luck moving forward.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Council
Like working with a bunch of elementary children. Clicky and very unprofessional. The City pool is the worst. Too bad people higher up can't see it or understand why the turnaround is so high. We are fortunate to have a pool, yes!! That is a positive.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Poor wok moral, Micro managing and being taken advantage of....
I enjoyed working with the public from little kids to the seniors that came into our office. I enjoyed problem solving and doing my best to get the answers required from operating the switchboard. I also enjoyed the office that I worked in and the people I worked with.
Great place to work. Lots of fun and great people to work for/with
Pros
Agm
Cons
not enough hours